• Replies 990
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

How can anyone not love the hummel nod to Schmeichel Euro 92 with this top?

Bit Sainsbury's checkout. 

Posted Images

• Paid Members
40 minutes ago, SuperBacon said:

Speaking of rank shirts, this has to be a wind up surely 

If true, the home shirt may look better when it's on, rather than just laid out flat. The away one looks like a shit Holland away strip though.

• Paid Members

The home is warming on me a little but the away looks crap. It actually looks better in that picture than the ones I've seen. 

Dutch away kit on the other hand...my oh my 😍

nike-holland-away-shirt-2012-2013.jpg

• Paid Members
1 minute ago, PunkStep said:

The home is warming on me a little but the away looks crap. It actually looks better in that picture than the ones I've seen. 

Dutch away kit on the other hand...my oh my 😍

nike-holland-away-shirt-2012-2013.jpg

I like that! Certainly puts that crap away top shame.

I wish England would either go back to Umbro, or Adidas took the plunge and got the contract(or go full on retro with Admiral!). I don't think I've liked a single of the Nike strips as much as some of the great Umbro kits of the past...

Not sure what the England contract is but from next year Nike will be moving away from templates so hopefully we’ll see some much better shirts from them. Which is good as the Spurs home kits have been terrible.

That Holland shirt is ruined by the orange shoulder bit.

• Paid Members

Nigeria with another beauty:

image.thumb.jpeg.745f89ba79039c1f7191e75a18a97ce8.jpeg

South Korea with something a bit different

image.jpeg.11d955726913089b4c83e90c8b4a640c.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.d8c90fc3e49916225a08dfa27c735651.jpeg

And I’ve ordered one of these shirts for Monday 5-a-side. This is the away kit from Urawa Red Diamonds (no, me neither).

image.thumb.jpeg.7742e7bfe343ef207270302ff54ba8c4.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.476015f1344c10d5368a445b20895e20.jpeg

• Paid Members
43 minutes ago, scratchdj said:

Nigeria with another beauty:

image.thumb.jpeg.745f89ba79039c1f7191e75a18a97ce8.jpeg

South Korea with something a bit different

image.jpeg.11d955726913089b4c83e90c8b4a640c.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.d8c90fc3e49916225a08dfa27c735651.jpeg

And I’ve ordered one of these shirts for Monday 5-a-side. This is the away kit from Urawa Red Diamonds (no, me neither).

image.thumb.jpeg.7742e7bfe343ef207270302ff54ba8c4.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.476015f1344c10d5368a445b20895e20.jpeg

Urawa Red Diamonds play n the J-League. I remember in either the 2005 or 2006 season their home kit was pretty much a rebadged Manchester United home kit. 

jpn_urawa_reds_1_05.png

Edited by jazzygeofferz
  • Paid Members

That Korean one is interesting - the pattern in the red one is based on the Buddhist combinations you see in their flag (the black blocks that surround the Yin-Yang symbol).

I remember learning about Urawa Reds from Mean Machines Sega in about 1992/3 - the MegaDrive J-League game got really good reviews. There were a few teams in it that don't exist any more like Yokohama Flugels and San Frecce. I also remember Jef United Ichihara and Kawasaki Verde as some of the more unusual names. 

• Paid Members
33 minutes ago, Carbomb said:

That Korean one is interesting - the pattern in the red one is based on the Buddhist combinations you see in their flag (the black blocks that surround the Yin-Yang symbol).

I remember learning about Urawa Reds from Mean Machines Sega in about 1992/3 - the MegaDrive J-League game got really good reviews. There were a few teams in it that don't exist any more like Yokohama Flugels and San Frecce. I also remember Jef United Ichihara and Kawasaki Verde as some of the more unusual names. 

A lot of them are old company football teams that ended up playing professionally, only the league didn't force them to change their names *CoughTotalNetworkSolutionsCough*. JEF United Ichihara Chiba was one of them. It's also why I call my fantasy league teams Geoff United. Its a far cry from when Linekar was playing under Wenger at Nagoya Grampus Eight. 

• Paid Members

@SuperBacon DHGate, direct from China. I’ve got several shirts from there and they’re either 99.9% copies (badges, holograms, rags, baggies etc) or snuck out the back door of the factory that makes them. They usually convert to around £10 - £12 delivered.