The Official ICW Discussion Thread

It was a really fun show. Seats appear to be just on one side of the ring (right of the hardcam) with two rows and a narrow row for standing behind. Perfectly comfortable but hard to get in and out except during the interval.

The show was a Fightclub taping, so very quick fire matches and good fun, although we did end up with three non-finishes in a row, which might make more sense with some back stage footage spliced in on the on-demand version.

6 hours ago, MungoChutney said:

I haven't been to a Garage show since they introduced seating. Used to always stand on that side of the ring.

If you have a seat is it possible to get in and out to the bar? @Louch

Certainly looks fine, first row see people going in and out, and second id say easier as can slide chair back to get out as no standing behind it 

Cheers. I hate the view from opposite the entrance way at the Garage unless you're in the first couple of rows.

Haven't made a show since Fear and Loathing last year so would probably go for seats If I managed along to one before this year's.

Edited by MungoChutney

On 8/29/2018 at 12:37 PM, Louch said:

Certainly looks fine, first row see people going in and out, and second id say easier as can slide chair back to get out as no standing behind it 

There were people standing/sitting on the ledge behind the seats when we were there.

Yes, you probably could get to the bar, but it is not especially easy, particularly if you get seats down toward the staging as we did (seats are unreserved).

• 4 weeks later...

The good housekeeping 2 match from Sunday with Liam Thomson and Wolfgang is a match everyone should find and watch. I doubt I’ll see a more enjoyable match start to finish than that one 

• 1 month later...

Is anyone from here making the trip up to Scotland for fear and loathing this year? There’s 6 of us coming up from Newcastle 

there doesn’t seem as much of buzz about this years show as there has been the last few years looking on ticketmaster I don’t think ticket sales have been spectacular either there’s still seats left in every section and in almost every row even in the first tier of seating 

Personally I’m really looking forward to cofffey v Coffey and the 6 man with bt, Wolfgang & Noam vs BSS 

37 minutes ago, wrestleuk said:

I think that would be a very fair assessment ticket sales must be really poor they’ve have started to email new tickets to people who were in tier 2 with new floor and tier one seats 

we’ve been moved onto the floor in row a from block 213

What a great shame that is honestly I was so drawn in at that time with icw and now I don't think I've watched anything for maybe 2 years ish. 

It's mental isn't it progress i suppose took over? 

The last 2 F&Ls did have some A List imports which was aiming them at a more casual fanbase who wouldn't normally watch it. They had Kurt Angle, Finn Balor as a guest replacing Mick Foley, Rey Mysterio and Rob Van Dam for example. This year's seems more aimed at their regular fans. The big names they have are British Strong Style and Noam Dar on loan again. Progress didn't go down that route when they did Wembley when they just as easily could have and they still got a very respectable turnout nonetheless. Both drew very well on their first go at an arena show in their own right.

46 minutes ago, Jon-Carr_92 said:

The last 2 F&Ls did have some A List imports which was aiming them at a more casual fanbase who wouldn't normally watch it. They had Kurt Angle, Finn Balor as a guest replacing Mick Foley, Rey Mysterio and Rob Van Dam for example. This year's seems more aimed at their regular fans. The big names they have are British Strong Style and Noam Dar on loan again. Progress didn't go down that route when they did Wembley when they just as easily could have and they still got a very respectable turnout nonetheless. Both drew very well on their first go at an arena show in their own right.

I agree something had to happen when it was at its peak. I mean as someone in the music industry and booking certain size venues I know for certain that the UK tours they were doing in venues such as academy 2 is not cheap. 

That's when they should have been picked up and ran with I'm not putting it down I feel genuinely sad it didn't happen for them

• Paid Members

The problem with ICW was their booking and stories got incredibly tedious and repetitive. I was hooked on the company for around 2 years heading into the first Hyrdo show but then I started to see the lazy reliance on authority figures and fucking Red Lightening. I didn't even see the next F&F so I must've dropped them around the summer time, and I assume a lot of people did the same.

Even more recently, I heard about a great Joe Coffey promo a few months back and it was indeed great until it was all about Red Lightening again and who was on who's side and blah blah fucking blah. I don't watch non-WWE promotions to see WWE tropes out in full force.

But looking at the marketing for F&F, I think they know they've fallen into a dip due to all this and they appear to be fine with it. The latest promo video is basically them saying "We were Big Bang of this current era of British Wrestling. Come and see where it all began" and you can't really argue with them. Grado and ICW were fucking massive, especially for a Scottish wrestling promotion, and were the entry way to the BrtiWres scene for those who were getting fed up with what was being offered by the mainstream.

Shame really, as me and my mates were really into ICW back in 2014/2015. The  tour show they held in the small room of the Birmingham O2 was fantastic and is one of the most fun all-round shows I've been to. I wish them the best and, now that PROGRESS is in the toilet creatively, I hope they get rid of the dead weight and get those lost fans, and me, back on the wagon.