The Official ICW Discussion Thread

I was at the Fear and Loathing show. Here's some quick thoughts.

I was in standing. I would never, ever do that again. The view was absolutely shite. It's not ICW's fault, more so my own for getting standing. They had plenty of big screens so I saw everything on them, but literally nothing in person.

The guy I was standing next to, "leopard print guy" (as he was known), got thrown out for chucking a pint over the wrestlers. That was one of the highlights for me as he's been as absolute arse all night.

There was good pyros. Joe Hendry came out to his version of Bohemian Rhapsody. It was well done. I still don't like him, quite cringey.

Carmel sounded like she was retiring after her match, breaking character and thanking the other wrestlers for the match. Kay Lee Ray won, I wanted Viper to win as she's gorgeous.

The Dudley's match seemed to have a botched finish, but not sure what went wrong. I was sad they lost. Ricochet was clearly head and shoulders above everyone else, I was sad he lost. Angel still looks great, his match ended suddenly and I was surprised he tapped. I was sad he lost too.

Despite not following the storylines, the eight man tag was the best match, for me. I just got into the drama, the crowd helped. Everyone was into it and it was a good battle.

Wolfgang remains my favourite, I was glad he won, but Trent Seven looked like a right silly bastard in the finish. He punched Wolfgang off the cage, giving Wolfgang the win via escape. Saw it coming when they went up there, mad him look daft.

A lot of complaints in there, I did have a good time though. The set-up to look at was fantastic. And the crowd loved it, and everyone was over. Will be getting seats next year though

Edited by LEGIT

Probably my only gripe was the card structure. I'd rather have had the 4v4 be the main event. In fact I think the card could have done with one less match. Although, if you'd asked me to remove one before the show started I'd have gone for Ricochet and Girvan which ended up being the best match of the night for me.

I'm finally sold on Lewis Girvan as a wrestler who did nothing but impress me. Still needs to find a better look and maybe hit the gym abit more but in the ring is a fine competitor! Ricochet was awesome as usual.

The show itself came across really well on ICWondemand with some really fun/good moments. Plus the prestentation looked better than TNA did when it was popular. I can see there was a few issues with timings but considering how small the team is they've done a phenomenal job.

Only moan I would have is Dudley Boys Vs Polo Promotions match was disappointing. The Coffin match wasn't too great either and main event should have been longer. Joe Coffrey is great!

Thought the actual show as a spectacle was very good, having got a seat in the lower tier i could probably appreciate it more.

The Coffin Match was quite fun - the shot of Stevie boy being dragged into the casket was funny.

Joe Hendry vs Davey Boy - Hendrys entrance was the highlight by far of this, the actual match was just ok

Zero G Ladder Match - I thought this was very well booked obviously with Lionheart and Kenny Williams having a storyline with each other which meant the other 4 were just there as foils. Bit sad to see Gibson and Iestyn go out early. Andy Wild ain't half put some timber on since i last saw him live.

Ricochet vs Girvan - 1st time of seeing Girvan and he is just OK nothing special that I haven't seen from many a young prospect from the U.K. Ricochet on the other hand doesn't miss a beat. Good Match

Carmel vs Viper vs Kay Lee Ray - For me in the top 3 of best matches from the night, just as good as their clash last year.

Dudleys vs Polo Promotions -Hated this match, Polo Promotions got hardly any offence in and when they did Jackie Polo wins with a scoop slam on a chair (weak as piss), Bubba Ray saying lets make this a NO DQ match was silly (ain't every match in ICW no rules)?

Trent Seven vs Wolfgang - As someone stated above when Trent was on top of the cage and punched Wolfgang on the side where the table was silly on Trent's part - a finish you could see a mile off. OK Match.

8 Man tag - Really good match this - should have been the main event for the feel good ending.

Kurt Angle vs Joe Coffey - Very flat ending in my opinion. Angle seems to do his usual 10 Minute indie stuff now nothing blow away, Coffey i don't get the fascination with, he's just an entrance theme and nothing else.

I'm going to presume part of the deal struck to bring Angle in involved the clause of him going on last? Can't think of any other particular reason otherwise as to why himself and Coffey went on last following the title match, and the 4v4.

Joe Coffey has been screwed of his "moment" all year. Started at square go where he went from first in to last out, won title then lost it right away, this was his chance to have his moment and stand tall at end of the show. Surprised it was tap out though, hasn't tapped anyone in a long time with the Boston crab.

Finish of team 3d vs polo promotions looked very much on the fly when they messed up hitting the 3d, good improv from Jackie to do that, reminded me of shawn michaels in the match where triple H's leg went the second time with the chair shot. Devon looked knackered the whole match

• Paid Members

As in terms of paid tickets, did this event draw more people then any TNA event? Pretty sure it has.

TNA did two bigger crowds (Wembley Arena and a Lockdown PPV) though I dont know how many of those were paid.

6,193 paid as was mentioned earlier for this. Though that won't include freebies and on the door sales which would make that a little bigger.

There were at least 100 queuing at the box office 20 minutes before bell time. Don't know when they got the announced figure but it was mentioned at the very start of the show.

I made the trip to Scotland for the show, I went to the FNFC taping the day earlier too. ICW is such a different experience, never before have I been asked for cocaine at a show or seen so many people being ejected for numerous reasons. I've been to 4 ICW shows in total now, each time at least two people have been kicked out for throwing drinks, throwing punches at wrestlers or being dicks. I counted 8 people being kicked out on the Saturday FNFC taping.

But anyway, the show was great fun. I couldn't believe how professional the show looked, the pyro for the Black Label in particular was pretty amazing. TNA hasn't had pyro or drawn that amount of people in years. Thinking about it now I'm still blown away.

It's already been mentioned that there was some questionable booking, some missed que's and a weird line up schedule, but live the event will a fun experience and I've already convinced myself to go again next year. ICW did a phenomenal job of building this show and deserves a hell of a lot of credit for the work they've done. My favourite match by far was the 8 man.

Let's see if they can crack 8,000 next year.