The Official ICW Discussion Thread

I disagree. I get your reasoning but for me last year was the absolute most they could draw with that kind of card.

This year it was essential that they appealed to a wider audience and that's what Angle and the Duleys will do. I'm not sure how many people bought a ticket based on Ricochet but the others definitely appeal to the more casual fan. For me running a venue a few weeks after WWE and outdrawing bigger companies is significantly bigger than last year.

Edited by MungoChutney

I disagree. I get your reasoning but for me last year was the absolute most they could draw with that kind of card.

This year it was essential that they appealed to a wider audience and that's what Angle and the Duleys will do. I'm not sure how many people bought a ticket based on Ricochet but the others definitely appeal to the more casual fan. For me running a venue a few weeks after WWE and outdrawing bigger companies is significantly bigger than last year.

I'm not saying they should not have done what they have done (they are a business after all), although I see no reason for Ricochet being there. But selling over 4,000 on a card that was all UK with a couple of European talent was amazing achievement. To be honest I never thought I would see it. 

Going up tomorrow to make a weekend of it as I've never been to Glasgow before.

As has been said already, it's a massive achievement for ICW, I'm really looking forward to it! Went for seats rather than standing though, I'm a fan of walking in at the last minute rather than queuing for hours.

Good chance I'm going to be missing the show! Pretty gutted but I couldn't find any train fares from North Wales for a reasonable price. Also driving looks like a nightmare with the main motorway into Glasgow being closed for a big section due to the demolition of a bridge!

Other factors to consider on how well ICW have drawn is the ROH tour also happening at the same time! Plus shows in the likes of Leeds on the same night.

Still a chance I might risk the drive down but still not too sure! However incredible achievement ICW. Hang your head up high Mark Dallas!

• Paid Members

At global wars meet and greet I heard Galloway say over 6k but hoping they will get some last week buys to get closer to 7. An immense number. Part of me feels last year's is better as the only imports wrestling were sds and they were part of the main roster

Rhino? 

At global wars meet and greet I heard Galloway say over 6k but hoping they will get some last week buys to get closer to 7. An immense number. Part of me feels last year's is better as the only imports wrestling were sds and they were part of the main roster

Rhino? 

God I forgot about that. I thought he was just at the July show.

With regards to Drew, I believe he spends a vast amount of time in Scotland and co lives there. He is also a main part of the roster and had been, not just a champ doing just big shows but did the tours also so was not a special attraction.

Edited by westlondonmist

• Paid Members

Unreal promo from Drew tonight. Easily one of the best wrestlers on the planet just now.

That was incredible acting.

It was decent, but the angles a bit played out now. Whenever a wrestler stands in a ring and announces his retirement, I'm just waiting for the swerve. Blame Mark Henry.

Hell of an Attendance number there, well in ICW.

Edited by KJHenley