James R Kennedy aka George Michael.

#33 Professor Paul's Bin

Professor Paul's Bin

Mid Carder

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,440 posts

Posted 04 April 2015 - 11:15

I attended ICW Barramania last week and really enjoyed myself. One of my favourite Brit Wrestling shows I've attended.

Walking into the venue set the tone. Arriving in a taxi and seeing the infamous Barrowlands sign lit up on one side of the building. Queing around the block to get in and making our way into the venue. The venue completely reminded me of Rhyl Market the town. The smell, the filth and how run down but great the venue is.

The matches were very good bar the women's match. My personal highlight being Jackie Polo Vs Lionheart. Polo looked looked like a hero and really soaked in the reaction he was getting. Other favourites include the awesome 8 man tag to start the show. Wolfgang going the New Age Kliq. BT Gunn's new look as Corey Taylor. Drew having another successful title defence. DCT and Coach Trip being referred to as the Purple Peados.

From top to bottom the card delivered. I wasn't particularly looking forward to the event but once there the show and atmosphere really was great. If I can work it out I may end up going down to Glasgow again for Fear And Loathing.

Top work Mark and the lads! Really exciting promotion to be following

Ryback-Attacks-CM-Punk-600_crop_exact.jp

Ryback 3:16

#34 Nero

Nero

Jobber

• Members
  • 164 posts

Posted 06 April 2015 - 10:45

Is it definitely all standing? My mate thought it would be in Hall 4? Where there is the seats plus the standing area. Kinda shitty for people that can't stand for any great length of time.

Edited by Nero, 06 April 2015 - 10:49.

#35 cleslie92

cleslie92

Card Filler

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 525 posts

Posted 06 April 2015 - 10:59

Is it definitely all standing? My mate thought it would be in Hall 4? Where there is the seats plus the standing area. Kinda shitty for people that can't stand for any great length of time.

That's any ICW show unfortunately mate. It's just the venues they run I guess, and I guess I'm not sure seats would work for the ICW crowd and atmosphere. 

Answering The Ten Count podcast - comedy wrestling podcast, taking a less than serious look at WWE, TNA and all the other happenings in pro wrestling.

Twitter: @cleslie92

This poop just ain't fun anymore.

#36 The Cum Doctor

The Cum Doctor

Main Eventer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,322 posts

Posted 06 April 2015 - 11:12

Pretty sure Dallas has said there might be at least one stand in the hall for this one.

#37 The Cum Doctor

The Cum Doctor

Main Eventer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,322 posts

Posted 06 April 2015 - 11:14

Nero, on 06 Apr 2015 - 11:45, said:

The one time I've been in the hall they're using, it was all standing. Hall 4 can actually be all standing too. It was for My Chemical Romance for example a few years back, and at least one Slipknot gig in the main hall has been all standing as well. Kaiser Chiefs as well off the top of my head.

But it's gonna be hall 3 for this one I think. With the capacity at about 5,000, that makes sense.

#38 ryan1888

ryan1888

In Training

• Members
  • 90 posts

Posted 06 April 2015 - 12:48

its been confirmed to be all standing i'm sure. the same as every other ICW show so i dont understand why people are complaining about the lack of seats. 

the whole all standing thing adds to the ICW show. wouldnt be the same seated. 

#39 cleslie92

cleslie92

Card Filler

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 525 posts

Posted 06 April 2015 - 19:17

its been confirmed to be all standing i'm sure. the same as every other ICW show so i dont understand why people are complaining about the lack of seats. 

the whole all standing thing adds to the ICW show. wouldnt be the same seated. 

I think that's only true because it's the way it's always been since they moved from Maryhill. Companies like PROGRESS have a very similar atmosphere with a mix of seating and standing, makes it more accessible. 

Answering The Ten Count podcast - comedy wrestling podcast, taking a less than serious look at WWE, TNA and all the other happenings in pro wrestling.

Twitter: @cleslie92

This poop just ain't fun anymore.

#40 stevon

stevon

SteVDs.co.uk

• Account Disabled
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,258 posts

Posted 13 April 2015 - 17:33

Good luck.

#41 ThommoLincs

ThommoLincs

Curtain Jerker

• Members
  • Pip
  • 299 posts

Posted 14 April 2015 - 21:41

So I'm off to Paperboy in Birmingham at the weekend. Massively hyped for it!

Is anyone else going?

#42 Jon-Carr_92

Jon-Carr_92

Card Filler

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 951 posts

Posted 15 April 2015 - 16:27

So I'm off to Paperboy in Birmingham at the weekend. Massively hyped for it!
Is anyone else going?

I'm heading to that. Should be epic! So hyped to see Sabu.
TNA Jokers Wild II Birmingham Taping + Fan InterAction 2/2/14
TNA Impact Manchester Taping + Fan InterAction 30/1/15

UKFF Royal Rumble Lottery Co-Winner 2016

#43 Linus

Linus

Paid Member

• Paid Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,583 posts

Posted 15 April 2015 - 17:27

I'll be there, too. Maybe at London the next day as well.

#44 Accident Prone

Accident Prone

Curtain Jerker

• Members
  • Pip
  • 382 posts

Posted 18 April 2015 - 10:19

I'll be there too! I've not sampled the ICW product yet, i'm going in totally blind to it all due to it's massive hype. Anybody got a quick run down on the main storylines and characters?

#45 Linus

Linus

Paid Member

• Paid Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,583 posts

Posted 18 April 2015 - 14:44

I'm the tired-looking Man in the Sami Zayn shirt if anyone wants to say hi!