The Official ICW Discussion Thread

• Paid Members

Just finished Square Go after fighting my way through the last few Friday Night Fight Club episodes. I wish they would change the location of those shows because the crowds are gash; they barely react to anything and when they do it's to cheer the heels. Makes the shows a slog to get through at times. Case in point; Kenny Williams and BT Gunn had a belter of a match at the last taping yet the crowd couldn't give two fucks. It's all the negatives of the Attitude Era; fucking silence no matter what is going on unless some outrageous angle is happening. Whiplash and Jester killed each other at one of the first tapings to the sound of crickets. Tape these shows elsewhere as that crowd is useless.

Anyway, quick thoughts on Square Go;

- Carmel/Thompson went a bit too long. If you chopped off five minutes it would of been much better. Good stuff though.

- Lionheart is so bland that it hurts.

- Renfrew/Grado was great in a Punk/Cena kind of way. The crowd was electric. Apparently there were members of the crowd getting into a scuffle during it?

-The rumble was great. However there were some spots where they just stood around doing jackshit like they had nothing planned and some of the guys really showed how green they were with all the botches.

Overall though, great show. Billy really needs to stop this "We're not an independant wrestling company!" bollocks though. ICW is an indy and that's nothing to be ashamed of. Being on the same stature as a PROGRESS or PWG is not a bad thing at all.

Think the length of the fnfc have an impact. Each show is about two hours plus long and they are mostly taping two per night. Moving it wouldn't make a difference as a large portion of crowd travel wherever shows are. There is a couple of tours coming up that should mix it up.

Didn't see any scuffling in crowd during square go , and had a good view across the hall.

• 2 weeks later...

Just finished Square Go after fighting my way through the last few Friday Night Fight Club episodes. I wish they would change the location of those shows because the crowds are gash; they barely react to anything and when they do it's to cheer the heels. Makes the shows a slog to get through at times. Case in point; Kenny Williams and BT Gunn had a belter of a match at the last taping yet the crowd couldn't give two fucks. It's all the negatives of the Attitude Era; fucking silence no matter what is going on unless some outrageous angle is happening. Whiplash and Jester killed each other at one of the first tapings to the sound of crickets. Tape these shows elsewhere as that crowd is useless.

Anyway, quick thoughts on Square Go;

- Carmel/Thompson went a bit too long. If you chopped off five minutes it would of been much better. Good stuff though.

- Lionheart is so bland that it hurts.

- Renfrew/Grado was great in a Punk/Cena kind of way. The crowd was electric. Apparently there were members of the crowd getting into a scuffle during it?

-The rumble was great. However there were some spots where they just stood around doing jackshit like they had nothing planned and some of the guys really showed how green they were with all the botches.

Overall though, great show. Billy really needs to stop this "We're not an independant wrestling company!" bollocks though. ICW is an indy and that's nothing to be ashamed of. Being on the same stature as a PROGRESS or PWG is not a bad thing at all.

PWG is a different ballgame, but Progress? Unlike them ICW run shows across the British Isles. The only difference in Progress' favour is they have a much bigger local catchment area.

I was under the impression that Progress have started to do shows outside their home area. Don't they have a show in Manchester very soon?

Progress selling out regular shows in Manchester is impressive and good expansion but not to the level of ICW. ICW have tours and currently have dates planned for 10 different cities already this year which includes England, Scotland, Wales, Northern Ireland and Republic of Ireland. They also got 4000 at a show last year and are doing a show at The Hydro this year. Could Progress pull this off? Not at this moment in time, although I expect them to grow over the next year or 2. I agree with Mick that they are currently on a higher stature.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

They have started taping earlier, as takings where going 4 hours plus. As mungo says now getting closer to 11 finish, 20 min break in the middle and don't get any one wrestling twice. Deffo worth going if interested.

That joe Hendry Pokemon videos had me laughing to myself since Thursday lunchtime. Anderson looks confused as fuck