The Official ICW Discussion Thread

Honestly guys, I'm really not wanting to come across like that at all.  I've had a shite view at ICW a couple of times because I've stayed in the pub longer beforehand and it's made me more appreciative of the value of a good view is all.  At the end of the day I'm sure they'll at least come extremely close to selling this out and it won't matter one bit if I buy a ticket or not, was just putting it out there about a concern I had.  Apologies if I sound like an entitled wanker.

• Paid Members

Honestly guys, I'm really not wanting to come across like that at all.  I've had a shite view at ICW a couple of times because I've stayed in the pub longer beforehand and it's made me more appreciative of the value of a good view is all.  At the end of the day I'm sure they'll at least come extremely close to selling this out and it won't matter one bit if I buy a ticket or not, was just putting it out there about a concern I had.  Apologies if I sound like an entitled wanker.

It wasn't aimed at you, sorry. I had the same problem at the first Barras show. I couldn't see a thing, having to rely on the shitty screens.

For someone to demand you don't ask for clarity on the set up due to the potential for a shit view, is a bit precious.

i dont think they'll do anything different other than bring in import tbh. 

dallas has said before that he's above flyering etc now. he needs a few more tours leading up to it and a stellar buildup to every match on the show. 

i think bringing bram in as an actual roster member and not an import is a sign of intent and hopefully he manages it. HUGE ask though IMO 

If that's true it's a) very dumb and b) weird since they did it for the England shows on the documentary. 

And yeah, welcome to ICW fans. 

i dont think they'll do anything different other than bring in import tbh. 

dallas has said before that he's above flyering etc now. he needs a few more tours leading up to it and a stellar buildup to every match on the show. 

i think bringing bram in as an actual roster member and not an import is a sign of intent and hopefully he manages it. HUGE ask though IMO 

If that's true it's a) very dumb and b) weird since they did it for the England shows on the documentary. 

And yeah, welcome to ICW fans. 

I said that I no longer flyer for shows myself as we have a promotions company called Triple G Music that handle our promotion.  Have no memory of ever saying I was above flyering.  I was handing out flyers in Newcastle on Saturday night during the afterparty in fact.  

We are always striving to improve the view at ICW while at the same time not losing the feeling of a ICW event which I feel is important.  The ring will be raised much higher, there will be a ridiculous amount of screens and im having meeting about the layour to have some stands at the back of the room on 3 sides.   

Also its not been a wall of silence, ive been working non stop for 2 weeks and I had a hangover yesterday.  Sorry for the delay letting you know. When I have more info I can confirm itll be confirmed on the ICW facebook and twitter.  

Mega happy with the pre sale so far for the show, its already our biggest opening day of ticket sales to date and its only 3pm. 

Edited by MarkDallas

I saw you, Mark, as I was getting off, and you were getting on the train at Partick last summer, you were on the phone and I said hello, you replied, but I just wanted to aplologise for bothering you mid call. I couldn't help myself! Sorry!

Edited by Ladiesman345

I saw you, Mark, as I was getting off, and you were getting on the train at Partick last summer, you were on the phone and I said hello, you replied, but I just wanted to aplologise for bothering you mid call. I couldn't help myself! Sorry!

Haha, dont worry mate. The fact that u even knew who the fuck I was is cool.

Haha, dont worry mate. The fact that u even knew who the fuck I was is cool.

In a few years you'll have people annoying you every day! By that time you won't be using public transport though, haha!

• Paid Members

In defense of MungoChutney - not that I need to, because I think most people see it how he meant it - there are loads of bands I've loved, and seen live, but who have grown in size to the point where watching them live is a completely different experience because the buildings are bigger. So I don't go anymore. Doesn't mean I don't still like the bands, and won't listen to any new music, or watch them on TV, it's just that the live shows aren't for me anymore.

ICW growing to the point they're running 5000-seater buildings, pretty much by hard work alone, is amazing but it won't be for everyone. That's fine, because there'll (hopefully) be new people coming in. None of them is any more entitled than the other.

That actually expands on my original point a bit but it is still bang on how I feel.  I think having been going to the shows for so long I'm a wee bit burned out on them as well.  Talked it over with the missus last night and we decided to skip the May and July shows and get VIP packages for this, in the belief that we'll be more than up for a show by the time November comes around and the VIP package does seem like an excellent deal.  Hopefully the early entry will allow us to get a decent spot as well.

• Paid Members

Been wanting to go to an ICW show for bloody yonks now, most of the time its either been bad timing or i forgot to sort trains/hotel out in advance, so i was priced out. Then the doc was on TV and it confirmed my want to attend.

Then.... They announced a Newcastle show and i was sold... Until i was forced to travel south with work... Fucking gutted at the time.

Firstly - my bday is Nov 17, so this time, i 100% will do my best to attend.

Secondly - how did the Newcastle show go Mark? Good turn out? And are you planning to come back?

Cheers

At a guess I'd say Newcastle was 750-1000 in attendance, was a great show considering no JJ, BT and Drew. Many wrestlers had very little to do sadly due to Barramania, Renfrew did a sun in, Noam Dar did same, and Kavero halso had a similar angle not sure if he'll be a regular now. I'd like to see rampage become a permanent member of the roster. Seen way to much of JRK he must be writing the script or loves the limelight.