The Official ICW Discussion Thread

Just been having a flick through the videos on ICW OnDemand and Fear & Loathing VII, with Galloway v Jester for the title, the full show (nearly 3 and a half hours) is listed as Free

Seems a good idea to me, quite a stacked show that has an almost identical roster to now but a year old. Once ICW sold out at SECC I think a few people were thinking maybe we should check this out. They are only giving 1 show for free, one that I feel is a good representation of the company. I paid my monthly subcription to see it but that was when it came out so I am sure myself and many others do not care that it is a show that once paid for is now free.

Just watched Fear and Loathing. Good show but felt the Main event could have been far better, the ending seemed to be more about Foley than Grado and also was under 20 minutes, was expecting 25+. The Damo vs Jester match got only 8:30 and although decent was not at the level it could and should of been, should easily of been given an extra 5 minutes. They have had longer shows than this and there was no reason for the renfrew bit before the main event or for the 1st match not to start until 15 mins in. I could not get into the cage match, I felt that a team with a man escaping is down a man, also you could see Mikey Whiplash escaped well before BT Gunn. I think this would have been far better to just have BT Gunn vs Whiplash in a cage, could possibly have been up there with the Gunn vs Wolfgang cage match.

The wrestling overall is quite good. My ratings are as follows.

Davey Boy vs Stevie Boy ***1/2 Action packed opener, perfect way to open a show.

Hendry, Williams, Dar vs 55 **1/4 Good wrestling but I think faces should win clean which lowers my score.

KLR VS Storm vs Viper ***1/2 Good fun and shows the possible strength of the division.

Coffey vs Rhino ***1/2 Good fun brawl.

Polo Promotions vs 55 *** Good tag match. 

Legion vs NAK ** Some nice spots but just did not my cup of tea, some will probably love this match. 

Damo vs Jester *** Good brawl just ended too quick. Some reason the shortest match on the show.

Galloway vs Grado ***1/2 Really good, but bad ending.

The venue had a stricter curfew than some others I believe so that's probably what curtailed the matches a little.

Haven't seen the cage match since I saw it live but at the time I thought it was well booked as the first couple of guys who escaped were actually put out by the other team to gain and advantage.

• Paid Members

The show live was 3 hrs 40 minutes. It really did not need to be any longer.

Just realised that in one day, a year before the Hydro show, they appear to have come not far off selling as many tickets as TNA, a company with national TV available in every home, managed in total.

Since I began watching and taking notice of ICW I have done something I never thought I would, I have missed a few WWE shows and actually find myself more annoyed at things happening in WWE that I would have once just been a little niggled at. For example, most recently, I haven't watched any WWE for two weeks and following Fear and Loathing, I woke up and checked the Raw results, the four guys I'd predicted to be in the semi-finals before the tournament even began are in the semi-finals and I am pretty sure I (and probably everyone here) knows where it's going on Sunday too.

Rewind to Fear and Loathing, I was shocked by a few surprises, particularly someone who wasn't even supposed to be in a Title match winning it, someone returning and setting up a pretty big match during a 6-man-tag that I thought was just supposed to be a filler match but wasn't at all and there were a few more nice surprises too. ICW is so much more exciting and unpredictable than WWE and this is definitely reflected in their passionate and growing fan base.

Also bought my ticket for next year as soon as I could, standing of course, sitting at an ICW show would feel weird for me.

Since I began watching and taking notice of ICW I have done something I never thought I would, I have missed a few WWE shows and actually find myself more annoyed at things happening in WWE that I would have once just been a little niggled at. For example, most recently, I haven't watched any WWE for two weeks and following Fear and Loathing, I woke up and checked the Raw results, the four guys I'd predicted to be in the semi-finals before the tournament even began are in the semi-finals and I am pretty sure I (and probably everyone here) knows where it's going on Sunday too.

Rewind to Fear and Loathing, I was shocked by a few surprises, particularly someone who wasn't even supposed to be in a Title match winning it, someone returning and setting up a pretty big match during a 6-man-tag that I thought was just supposed to be a filler match but wasn't at all and there were a few more nice surprises too. ICW is so much more exciting and unpredictable than WWE and this is definitely reflected in their passionate and growing fan base.

Also bought my ticket for next year as soon as I could, standing of course, sitting at an ICW show would feel weird for me.

That's why regular ICW TV would be bad in my view. The WWE's over exposure makes it nigh on impossible to do anything fresh or surprising. And when they do it's laughed at. We hate the predictability, but want it - eg we whinge when Kalisto gets some focus.

So after a random tweet a few months back to Hull's Pozition Nightclub about bringing ICW to the town, it seems are still interested and they want to speak to speak to the organisers.

I know Mark Dallas has a twitter but, but how else would they go about getting in touch with the promotion?

I think Triple G Music are the promotional and administrational arm of ICW. Could contact them?

http://www,triplegmusic.com

Edited by Mick

So after a random tweet a few months back to Hull's Pozition Nightclub about bringing ICW to the town, it seems are still interested and they want to speak to speak to the organisers.

I know Mark Dallas has a twitter but, but how else would they go about getting in touch with the promotion?

Is ICW too big for Pozition now? How many could it hold with a ring in there?

Don't get me wrong, I'd be there like a shot if they ran a show there.

Often thought FRUIT would be a great venue for a product like ICW. It's tiny but the whole 'dusty, converted warehouse in a dodgy, run-down, derelict part of town' feel would be great.

I've no idea of the logistics of how they'd go about it, it was a random thing I threw out there to both parties months back Pozition seemed interested, and did the same again this weekend and they still seemed intrigued.

Mark Dallas was having a Q&A on twitter last night, asked if he would consider coming to Hull on one of the tours, which answered "hopefully".

Hadn't even considered FRUIT. Would be a good shout, but it's like everything with trying to get things to happen in Hull in that why come here when there are places like the O2 Academy in both Leeds and Sheffield

Edited by WyattSheepMask

That's why regular ICW TV would be bad in my view. The WWE's over exposure makes it nigh on impossible to do anything fresh or surprising. And when they do it's laughed at. We hate the predictability, but want it - eg we whinge when Kalisto gets some focus.

An hour long show ( really 45 mins) wouldn't do that i don't think.