Sign in to follow this  
ThommoLincs

The Official ICW Discussion Thread

Do you just have to start queuing early, then, to make sure you can grab a suitable spot? That's a bit of an arse.

I'm actually going to my first live ICW show in a few weeks when they play Manchester the night before PCW's Halloween special.

I fully agree with ICWs stance that the shows are for 18+ however I think It's really quite poor that it feels like it discriminates against anyone with mobility issues

Love the company to bits and will be at the Newcastle show tomorrow an will be traveling up to Glasgow and attending at a considerable expense but my friend is essentially put into an impossible situation fair play to the Secc themselves who offered a refund but it doesn't send out a great message

That's astounding, as I'm sure the SECC is still owned and/or operated by Glasgow City Council. It just feels wrong.

I once saw a fan message Mark Dallas on Facebook saying he couldn't stand for long periods of time, and Dallas replied saying he'd sort something out for him. I assume in people in wheelchairs would get similar treatment. 

I previously sent a tweet directly to ICW and got no reply which I why I rang the secc themselves today they said there is usually disabled friendly areas for hall 3 but there isn't for this event so I'd assume it isn't the fault of the venue at all

Dallas just tweeted that there's less than 100 tickets left.

Amazing that they're gonna sell out a 5000 capacity arena with a month to spare.

A promotion with no weekly tv, and it's not like they're bringing in a ton of imports either.

Even more amazing when you think TNA is on weekly UK tv and has been for many years, and they could only draw 1500 to the Hydro for an Impact tv taping in January - a crowd so bad that they're not even returning to Scotland in January next year.

Edited by ClassicsGuy

ICW may not be everyone's cup of tea. (For the record I love it.) However selling out the SECC with a month to go is hugely impressive.

With a near sell out UK wide tour leading up to Fear and Loathing they are doing everything right on the promotional side of things.

Massive congratulations to Dallas and the crew, can't wait to make the long drive from Devon for this one!

It's oustanding how well ICW have done. Its filtering down as well and other promotions are also performing brilliantly. Definitely in the midst of something special in Scottish wrestling.

I think it's time they started using some larger venues not suggesting anything ott like arenas but when you look at the UK tour shows so far there hasn't been room to swing a cat next time there in London for example surely York hall wouldn't be too much of a stretch and maybe the Olympia for Liverpool

According to a few people on the Facebook event page, Dallas confirmed in on Periscope. I didn't see it myself but I do remember him saying they were looking into something similar on a podcast a few months ago. Still no luck on twitter?

I think it's time they started using some larger venues not suggesting anything ott like arenas but when you look at the UK tour shows so far there hasn't been room to swing a cat next time there in London for example surely York hall wouldn't be too much of a stretch and maybe the Olympia for Liverpool

I was quite surprised it was in one of the smaller rooms at the Birmingham Academy when I went. I saw Weird Al in the main room there a couple of weeks ago and ICW (or any wrestling show) would look pretty cool in it.