The Official ICW Discussion Thread

I enjoy last night but I felt the Kinky Party match and the main event were the weakest. Coffey v Gunn as a main event was always going to be a bit blah. That's not a slight on any of the two guys as they're great at what they do. They just don't have the wow factor

I thought the main event was REALLY good, and both the cage and hardcore matches were well laid out. The whole show was quite long and disjointed, but it was last year too, very much in keeping with it being their WrestleMania. Not sure the Hydro is as good a venue for wrestling in reality as it looks on paper - what I though was a great seat was rather spoilt by being RIGHT behind the production desk thingy, where the guys WOULD NOT sit down - and it’s curious they didn’t announce next year’s show this time...

I enjoyed it. Some thoughts:

I was in standing last year and the view was awful. Got seating this year and it was much better.

Big Nash is still imposing but he's getting old looking.

The ladder match was good. I realise wrestling need to be safe, but referees scrambling into the ring to hold the ladders steady when people dive off them is over rehearsed tosh. I wanted big Jody Fleisch to win. He's great and been about forever.

The tag match was good too, wasn't familiar with The Marauders but was impressed. Wild Boar in particular was great, he's a wee unit. Good wrestler and chucked himself into everything.

Forgot most of the women's match but Viper stood out. Would have rather seen RVD/Lionheart 1 on 1, but was glad Lionheart won, he's good all round and deserved it.

The main event was good too, but feel me not being clued into the storylines made it hard to get into.

People like Wolfgang were missed, it's good he's went to bigger things, but he's a brilliant character and part of the ICW woodwork.

All in all a good show, everyone worked very hard. I'm probably in the minority but I'd like to see a bigger focus on the imports, but that's just me though.

I bought tickets but never went.  Not bothered about money but regret it now.  To be honest, I didnt like last years Hydro show and I don't like the Hydro as a venue at all.  The SECC show 2 years ago was brilliant and I hope they go back there next year.

In general, I have lost interest  in the product.  They seem to be getting left behind a bit by other UK promotions with the talent they are using and their fascination with bringing in stars from the Monday night wars is getting really old.  Also, I don't hold anything against them for their WWE relationship but it's killed a lot of the magic for me.

But I will give them another chance.

6 hours ago, FUM said:

Enjoyed the show but felt some matches were a bit on the short side.

There's just this strange feeling about ICW just now that the boom period for them is over and it felt like it at the end of the show.

I've heard a few people mention that they feel the pinnacle of ICW has past. What makes you think this? Because the crowd was down on last year or other reasons?

1 hour ago, FLA said:

I bought tickets but never went.  Not bothered about money but regret it now.  To be honest, I didnt like last years Hydro show and I don't like the Hydro as a venue at all.  The SECC show 2 years ago was brilliant and I hope they go back there next year.

In general, I have lost interest  in the product.  They seem to be getting left behind a bit by other UK promotions with the talent they are using and their fascination with bringing in stars from the Monday night wars is getting really old.  Also, I don't hold anything against them for their WWE relationship but it's killed a lot of the magic for me.

But I will give them another chance.

Got to agree with the Hydro comment. I don't like it as a venue at all. Its just a soulless bowl with some really piss poor viewing areas (the glass obstructing certain seating sections for a start). Don't think its a wrestling venue at all

1 hour ago, Nero said:

I've heard a few people mention that they feel the pinnacle of ICW has past. What makes you think this? Because the crowd was down on last year or other reasons?

Not really to do with the crowd size as I didn't notice the difference from last year tbh. It's difficult to explain, it just doesn't feel like it did before or the many other times I've been in the past. Granted, this is only show I've been to since last years Hydro.

I think there was noticeable main stars missing like Wolfgang, Grado, even Davey Blaze. The Wee Man had a bit part and he's always been a massive part of ICW.

The place just doesn't have the buzz and excitement of what is to come that it had. I think they're coasting things out just now until WWE give the green light to go on the Network.

Dallas has been really open the last month or so that they are in a period of rebuilding  given how many names have left the company over the last two years. When every match at takeover Saturday had an ex icw wrestler in it, tells you how many have left. 

Earlier in the year there was a lull, but since shugs weekender in July the shows have all been much more fun to go to. Saturdays France 98 show was as much fun as I have had at any shows I have been to. 

I wouldn't judge by the Hydro show, I enjoyed it but I feel it’s too big a setting for what I see is the “ICW Experiance”. Would rather it went back to a full secc Hall than in there, but understand the business behind having a bigger Hall with more tickets to sell . Crowd was down to about 4K I think,  but 4K is still a really impressive number. Still the biggest show in 30 odd years bar when ICW done 6k last year. 

10 hours ago, Nero said:

Got to agree with the Hydro comment. I don't like it as a venue at all. Its just a soulless bowl with some really piss poor viewing areas (the glass obstructing certain seating sections for a start). Don't think its a wrestling venue at all

I'm not overly fond of it for music either.  You cant even get a decent pint and I refuse to drink that Fosters muck.  End up drinking spirits all night and I'm pissed by the end of the show.

Apart from the SECC show I enjoyed attending Barramania and guessing the O2 in Sauchiehall street would be a decent venue as well.

Can I ask why Davey Blaze wasn't there?  Not up to speed with whats been happening over the last year.

• 8 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 8/9/2018 at 9:06 AM, Tim R-T-C said:

Thinking of going to my first Garage show later this year, can get Silver seats or standing tickets. What is the view like from the seats?

Seats are right by the ring, know a few folk who sit and have never heard anything said badly about the view. Standing I am usually near the front so can get a good view, depends on your height really as per any other gig 

On 8/17/2018 at 9:59 PM, Louch said:

Seats are right by the ring, know a few folk who sit and have never heard anything said badly about the view. Standing I am usually near the front so can get a good view, depends on your height really as per any other gig 

Thanks, I'm going to the show on Sunday next, got Silver seats. Lionheart vs. KLR should be superb.