The Official ICW Discussion Thread

• Paid Members

I think it's a little more benevolent than how they treated the territories - they're not taking the top guys, running opposite them and muscling them out of TV coverage, they're giving them a pat on the back, even if there's a knife in the other hand. Promoters and wrestlers are benefiting from the relationship, and WWE obviously realise the worth in having smaller promotions that will never be competition existing out there to allow workers to gain experience before WWE bring them in. It's closer to the relationship WWE had with Memphis in the mid-90s than anything - a little you'll scratch my back, I'll scratch yours, even if the relationship is decidedly one-sided.

If nothing else, it's given a ton of exposure to the British scene in general, and to the likes of Pete Dunne, Tyler Bate and Trent Seven in particular, allowing them to make a ton of money, work all over the place, and so on, while giving the fans surreal moments like this one.

WWE obviously aren't doing this all to play nice without getting a sizeable return from it, but at this stage, I don't really see that anyone's losing out.

I don't see WWE posing a real threat to ICW or the British indies any time soon. Their UK shows at best will be an occasional taping somewhere in the country, not likely to interfere with ICW's Garage or Progress' Electric Ballroom events.

The WWE NXT tour was probably the closest WWE have come to competing with the British indy scene and it was hardly sold out, nor did it stop any people going to indy shows aside from any on that exact night in that town.

In central Scotland at present you get on average 3 shows running a Saturday night and doing a couple of hundred per show.

wwe show prices aren’t going to go against family show or even progress/ icw markets 

On 09/11/2017 at 7:47 PM, Louch said:

In central Scotland at present you get on average 3 shows running a Saturday night and doing a couple of hundred per show.

wwe show prices aren’t going to go against family show or even progress/ icw markets 

WWE show was ÂŁ15 cheaper than ICW at the Hydro is. Me and two mates were dying to go to the Hydro again but we've been priced out this year.

ÂŁ40 is a poor price from ICW and WWE could easily price them out imo but I guess ICW need to ensure they turn a profit.

Edited by FUM

There is no cheaper tickets regardless of where the seats are for ICW.

The point is I could have went to WWE for cheaper and 3 of us who would have attended have been priced out of ICW as I'm sure others have.

It makes me wonder if the rumours of the poor sales are true. If having Nash, RVD and Rey starts pricing out fans who would usually go then I'd rather they weren't there.

I was wondering about sales too so had a look on the choose your seat thingy on Ticketmaster a week or so ago and I reckon it's maybe slightly down on last year at that time but not by much.

You can't compare a nosebleed seat at a WWE show to a first tier seat. Ok, so there's  no cheaper ticket options but for a reasonable view 40 quid is a good price compared to 70.

Edit: was it not 35 quid a pop last year? Fiver increase isn't too bad. I remember when I used to go to Raw and SD tapings in Manchester between 2004 and 2008 prices jumped massively.  As I remember it we went from 50 quid for first tier seats to over 80.

Edited by MungoChutney

It's a reasonable price for the Hydro.  It was great to be able to get tickets for a tenner from behind the bar in the Solid but the company has evolved.

That said, having not missed a Glasgow show in 2011-2014 I've only made the Barras and the Hydro this year as I've been a bit burnt out/bored with the product since then.  I'm going along next week more for the night out with pals than the show but the card is decent so should deliver on that front.

Anyone traveling to the show on Sunday might want to check rail enquiries to make sure there train is still running Cross country have just announced a late strike for Sunday and hundreds or trains are cancelled mine from Newcastle>Glasgow direct is one of them :( I’m having to go tomorrow to the ticket office and be switched onto a 2xchangeover train