The Official ICW Discussion Thread

• Paid Members

Anyone who spoke to Mark Dallas yesterday and could speak drunk Scottish will know this, but ICW have just confirmed they are going for the full capacity setup at the Hydro next year, with standing on the floor, retractable tier of seating at the edge of the floor, and opening up all three tiers of permanent seating. £30 for standing/floor seating/bottom tier and £27.50 for top two tiers seating.

The venue lists the maximum capacity for the "with standing" setup as 13,000 so we could be looking at something around 12,500 tickets available here. 

My brother text me tonight, who has never been and he's buying tickets when they go on sale. Word of mouth on icw is something else up here. Even guys when I was in Brighton working rAt night where talking about fear and loathing. Can see them getting 10k easy. Immtrying to decide of I want floor or today extra for the first tier VIP tickets to get A better view without having to queue all day to be ringside

• Paid Members

I assume that's with booking fees. The £27.50/£30 are for entrance only. The £50 ones are for a package with meet/greet, t-shirt and early entry to the standing section.

It feels pretty much impossible to predict how many seats they'll sell just because all logic/experience/rules of thumb have already been broken. It's pretty much at the stage now where it becomes self-fulfilling because the main draw for going (among people who aren't regulars) is the idea that it's going to be a massive event that you can't miss. I can see the standing section selling out almost immediately.

Edited by JNLister

Other than TNA Xplosion airing on a Saturday morning, I'm struggling to think of when TNA aired as a daytime repeat.

I agree the ICW content is adult and could only be screened after the watershed but that's not really a decent reason for Challenge not to give it a shot.

A 10pm or 11pm one hour weekly show would be perfect.

With TNA they buy a pre-produced weekly tape. ICW they would have to likely completely fund expensive production. Pretty simple mathematical reasons.

As someone who has only just subbed to ICW on Demand (mainly to watch Fear & Loathing 8 this evening) I have been very impressed with the production values of several of the shows in their archives, and also personality pieces and a documentary on the history of ICW.

They're far more advanced and of good quality than you're giving them credit for. Some of it is easily on a par with TNA, and as others have stated, Challenge shows WrestleTalk TV featuring matches from other British promotions, most of which are below ICW's production quality. I certainly don't think it's anything to do with 'simple mathematics'; I would imagine ICW isn't looking for the earth, obviously some revenue (perhaps ratings-incentive based) but mainly for the platform provided.

Other than TNA Xplosion airing on a Saturday morning, I'm struggling to think of when TNA aired as a daytime repeat.

I agree the ICW content is adult and could only be screened after the watershed but that's not really a decent reason for Challenge not to give it a shot.

A 10pm or 11pm one hour weekly show would be perfect.

I don't know how many subscriptions ICW get but the TV money may be less as by looking at shows Challenge show, apart from TNA they show repeats that must cost bugger all. Then again ICW may get more followers allowing them to do Ippvs and other on demand shows, more tours and in bigger venues. A TV show could possibly allow bigger shows around the country with TV tapings mainly in Glasgow. If they wanted to do a big standing event with some tiered seating the York Hall (providing they allow standing) would be great for that.

However I stand by ICW being limited to what channel they can go to, really only late night challenge or possibly Channel 5.

I think a big worry for me would be that with being on TV is that channels may want shift of some wrestlers and want more english accents. I know some people who struggle with Scottish accents. This could kill some of the stronger characters in the promotion. Also channels may want to get rid of people based on look. Some guys in ICW are not that big or particuarly ripped and they could go. People like Drew Galloway may not be allowed on due to being a tv taping so TNA could stop it.

With all due respect, they're already running shows all around the country. They just completed their 2nd nationwide tour a few weeks ago, taking in Liverpool, Newcastle, Sheffield, Birmingham, Southampton etc, running O2 Academy's.