The Official ICW Discussion Thread

Relase date pushed back to add create a wrestler

Being created for them by a guy who creates games.

Game engine to be very like no mercy

Price to be low to get large sales

- all of the above has come from Dallas on the icw podcast.

Anyone been to hydro for wrestling? I've only seen still game there and didn't like it that much from top seats

Show at the Hydro, video game coming... literally the only thing left for this promotion is a weekly tv show on a decent channel. 

Why Challenge stick with the dead horse that is TNA when they could partner up with something uniquely British in ICW is perplexing.

Of course, I know why - TNA still pulls in decent figures, and they do still have some guys with ex-WWE name recognition like the Hardys and Angle etc.

But ICW is surely worth a shot in investing tv time in. 

TNA can be put as day time repeats, ICW cannot. A big problem I think it will face. I also think it is for a specific fan base and not a general one. I think they should be fine on their on demand. I am sure anybody interested would have given at least 1 month or at least should as it is only $5.99. Although a 2hr TNA starting at 8pm or 7pm and then a 1hr ICW starting at 9 or 10pm may not be such a bad idea, have a wrestling evening like in USA.

Can someone put a spoilers up of the show and a general review (I cancelled my on demand after a year as I was not watching much) so want to know whether to get it again to watch the show. Grado and Galloway had a corker earlier this year on the 1st tour so that should be good but different as Galloway was a face about to turn heel at that point. How was the cage match, I am usually not a fan of non 1 on 1 cage matches but I know there are exceptions (but doubt it will be near as good as Wolfgang vs BT Gunn which was the ICW MOTY so far). The women's title match, I have always thought ICW should utilise their women's division more and glad they are. I prefer theirs to WWE. Did Foley have any real impact? He is not someone I would pay to see but people do. I heard 10 years ago he charged $10k to come to England but I wouldn't be shocked if ICW made his fee back on autographs alone.

The clip for the game says Steam so if it is for the PC I will get it if at a decent price.

I think Hydro is a good idea, standing with some seats. I went to a show earlier this year and although the show was good I was tired after 3.5 hours of standing.

Other than TNA Xplosion airing on a Saturday morning, I'm struggling to think of when TNA aired as a daytime repeat.

I agree the ICW content is adult and could only be screened after the watershed but that's not really a decent reason for Challenge not to give it a shot.

A 10pm or 11pm one hour weekly show would be perfect.

Other than TNA Xplosion airing on a Saturday morning, I'm struggling to think of when TNA aired as a daytime repeat.

I agree the ICW content is adult and could only be screened after the watershed but that's not really a decent reason for Challenge not to give it a shot.

I don't know how many subscriptions ICW get but the TV money may be less as by looking at shows Challenge show, apart from TNA they show repeats that must cost bugger all. Then again ICW may get more followers allowing them to do Ippvs and other on demand shows, more tours and in bigger venues. A TV show could possibly allow bigger shows around the country with TV tapings mainly in Glasgow. If they wanted to do a big standing event with some tiered seating the York Hall (providing they allow standing) would be great for that.

However I stand by ICW being limited to what channel they can go to, really only late night challenge or possibly Channel 5.

I think a big worry for me would be that with being on TV is that channels may want shift of some wrestlers and want more english accents. I know some people who struggle with Scottish accents. This could kill some of the stronger characters in the promotion. Also channels may want to get rid of people based on look. Some guys in ICW are not that big or particuarly ripped and they could go. People like Drew Galloway may not be allowed on due to being a tv taping so TNA could stop it.

Edited by westlondonmist

Being created for them by a guy who creates games.

Who'da thunk it?

I blame that I just worked a nightshift. A guy, who's name escapes me, approached dallas and said he wanted to make a game for icw. They agreed, and the guys been working on it. It's not with a thq, 2k , activitision etc yet from what he shared

With TNA they buy a pre-produced weekly tape. ICW they would have to likely completely fund expensive production. Pretty simple mathematical reasons.

• Paid Members

With TNA they buy a pre-produced weekly tape. ICW they would have to likely completely fund expensive production. Pretty simple mathematical reasons.

ICW’s production values are quite good. It may not be glossy, WWE HD standard, but it’s going to look no worse than re-runs of SD Bullseye re-broadcast in HD. There’s nothing stopping Challenge (or another station) buying pre-produced tapes from ICW.

ICW’s production values are quite good. It may not be glossy, WWE HD standard, but it’s going to look no worse than re-runs of SD Bullseye re-broadcast in HD. There’s nothing stopping Challenge (or another station) buying pre-produced tapes from ICW.

I think that is an unfair comparisson. People watch Bullseye and other 80's crap for the nostalgic reasons and not because they look good, although they may have done back when it was made. I think watching shows like that and the grand prize is either a crap car or 2k is amazingly funny. When it comes to new shows people want it to look good so it is fair for clessie to make the point about extra production spending. For what I am aware the only things Challenge have spent money on with TNA is Boot Camp and the live taping in Glasgow.

The on demand product looks decent but it would need a tweek. I think it will be hard for a Brittish promotion to get a TV deal, which is a shame, Some ICW on BBC 3 after their documentaries would be fantastic. Sky have the biggest promotion, many channels will not touch wrestling full stop and those who are willing will want high production values.

You have to remember Challenge TV also air WrestleTalk TV which has lower production values than Gay Rabbit and show random matches from FWA with its terrible lighting from the early 2000s.

From what I have seen of ICW it is of a decent standard and could easily be modified to fit TV guidelines. There is no need to rush to TV right away though. ICW have been organically growing at a steady pace and the TV will come after time.

You have to remember Challenge TV also air WrestleTalk TV which has lower production values than Gay Rabbit and show random matches from FWA with its terrible lighting from the early 2000s.

From what I have seen of ICW it is of a decent standard and could easily be modified to fit TV guidelines. There is no need to rush to TV right away though. ICW have been organically growing at a steady pace and the TV will come after time.

Never seen WrestleTalk TV so not sure what it looks like, but the same goes for Gay Rabbit. I suppose if the show was aired at 10pm or 11pm they would be less bothered on production so it could get away with current production for 1st 3-6 months of television and improving if they get enough viewers to warrant a 9pm slot (I am unsure what the earliest ICW could be shown at would be). As ICW has quite heavy elements of humour and so does Dave (except when Top Gear is on) maybe it would be suited there.  

• Paid Members

I think that is an unfair comparisson. People watch Bullseye and other 80's crap for the nostalgic reasons and not because they look good, although they may have done back when it was made. I think watching shows like that and the grand prize is either a crap car or 2k is amazingly funny. When it comes to new shows people want it to look good so it is fair for clessie to make the point about extra production spending. For what I am aware the only things Challenge have spent money on with TNA is Boot Camp and the live taping in Glasgow.

The on demand product looks decent but it would need a tweek. I think it will be hard for a Brittish promotion to get a TV deal, which is a shame, Some ICW on BBC 3 after their documentaries would be fantastic. Sky have the biggest promotion, many channels will not touch wrestling full stop and those who are willing will want high production values.

At no point did I compare the products of ICW and Bullseye, just the video quality. Also, remember anything streamed online is going to be compressed and is not going to be as crisp as broadcast TV.

At no point did I compare the products of ICW and Bullseye, just the video quality. Also, remember anything streamed online is going to be compressed and is not going to be as crisp as broadcast TV.

You compared the production value. I was pointing out that the poor production value of old shows is kind of entertaining but for new shows not as much. I am sorry if my post came across as insulting. With regards to production I am not complaining about the ICW streaming quality which I actually think is very good especially for the price. More as in set ups need a tweek, their decent part is the darkness of shows and being in night clubs as it gives atmosphere. They would need to keep this while still adding something to make it look a bit more high quality.