The Official ICW Discussion Thread

So ICW announced last night at the sold out Barramania that Fear & Loathing VIII will be held at the SECC Arena on November 15th.

Tickets are available now from Ticketmaster and are only £25.

Have to say this is a massive step up for any promotion and I'm massively excited to see how they can pull it off.

Anybody planning on attending? What are your thoughts on this?

Edited by ThommoLincs

5000 capacity confirmed by dallas last night. 

surely this makes it the biggest wrestling show outwith WWE (possibly TNA?) in european history ?

just hope it doesn't do more damage than good. 

amazing seeing them move forward but 5000 is a huge number, and in a venue thats notoriously bad in glasgow. seems that its gonna be all standing too. 5000 people all standing for wrestling makes me think after the first few hundred there may not be great views other than a screen. especially with it basically being a shed so having no elevation. 

think they'll need to bring in a few big hitters to get the tickets shifted. especially at 30 quid (triple the price of tickets just 2 years ago).

i imagine there'll be quite a number of people travel from england for this.

will be interesting to see. 

Edited by ryan1888

• Paid Members

EDIT -- They are in Hall 3. It's 5,582 standing capacity for gigs.

One advantage of all-standing is that you probably only need a couple of thousand (which they should get easy) for it not to look embarrassingly empty -- people will just spread out more to fill the space. 

surely this makes it the biggest wrestling show outwith WWE (possibly TNA?) in european history ?

Joint Promotions ran Wembley Arena three times and there were lots of shows at the 10,000 seat Haringay Arena in the 40s. Even leaving them aside, Joint ran the Royal Albert Hall every month and some of the weekly venues like Belle Vue and Liverpool Stadium were 5,000 capacity.

As best I can tell, it's the biggest venue run by a British promotion since the 80s.

Edited by JNLister

• Paid Members

Forgot to mention that while it won't be close to the biggest gate if you take into account inflation (Daddy-Haystacks did the equivalent of a quarter of a million quid), if this does 4,000 tickets it'll be the first six figure gate in British promotion history.

Surprised Hall 3 has such a high capacity. Hall 4 is the bigger one the WWE and bands etc played. I think Hall 3 is the smaller one used for weekend craft shows/recruitment events/professional conventions.

I think the timing of another BBC docusoap instalment will be a key factor. No idea on the impact of WWE's November show in Glasgow, eg will flyering at a WWE show a week earlier aid sales.

In any case good luck to them, I'm glad they finally pulled the trigger!

i dont think they'll do anything different other than bring in import tbh. 

dallas has said before that he's above flyering etc now. he needs a few more tours leading up to it and a stellar buildup to every match on the show. 

i think bringing bram in as an actual roster member and not an import is a sign of intent and hopefully he manages it. HUGE ask though IMO 

I've been going to ICW shows for nearly 4 years and it's fantastic so see how much they've grown in that time. However, i'm not sure I'm going to this. 5,000 people standing on a flat surface sounds like hell. Unless you Q from 1 in the afternoon there doesn't seem to be any way that you'd be able to get a decent view and get in and out to the bar between matches. It's not helping that people are openly asking about this issue on Facebook and Twitter and it's so far been met with a wall of silence from ICW.

What a whinge. I'm sure someone else will take your ticket.

To answer your question form my own experiences. The standing capacity is devised with fire safety etc in mind. It';s likely that there will be clear paths in an out of the arena which will be manned by security.

To be honest I think people are overestimating the size of the venue first of all, and the ring is almost guaranteed to be on a platform.

To be honest that sums up the mentality of some of the people who attend these shows. "Once you're in guys, you're not getting out"...How stupid would that be? See when you were at The Barras, how did you get to the bar then? Same idea.

And your answer is to not support the company and to not go to the show.

Edited by PBWFan

It's not a whinge at all. At the Barras I stand on the raised bit near the rear bar which is a cracking view. Mark Dallas posted saying it was 5,000 tickets on Monday morning. I have seen a post this morning saying that the ring will be raised but a couple of extra foot isn't likely to alleviate the issue in my opinion. As I said, i'm delighted for them that they're doing this and I hope it's a success, just that I'm considering whether i'll attend.

Not at all, Sunday night is my Bridge night so at least I'll be able to make that.

For the record, I've supported ICW since 2006 technically.  I bought a ticket for their second or third show but ended up not being able to attend. I've been at every Glasgow show bar Spacebaws and one main show since May 2011.  If, and it's still if at the moment, I don't go to this show, I'll still be hoping they pull it off.  Almost 30 quid a ticket is a bit of a gamble when you have a family and you're not sure if you're really up for the show.