Gritty or glitzy? Which do you prefer and why?

Snitsky's back acne

• Moderators

I miss the mid-2000s Raw- obviously had production value, but still had an edge about it

Honestly? Honestly? Have you ever actually watched wrestling which is old, or is not from the normal tracks? It's polished to fuck.THERE IS A SCREEN THE SIZE OF SAN MARINO ABOVE THE CURTAIN, HOW CAN THERE BE ANY EDGE?

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Alright, calm the fuck down.

Yeah, 2000s WWF/E is my preference, it's what I grew up on, it's what I know. That makes my opinions on wrestling invalid for some reason?

I have watched other promotions at times, usually a bit of old WCW/ECW, the occasional NWA for some of Flair's matches. Because I'm not the fucking encyclopedia of wrestling knowledge that you are, I don't have extensive knowledge of stuff like AWA and Memphis, which is probably where you get your view of what should be considered "gritty" or "having an edge". My view of it is that Raw's set pieces- the metallic looking screen, those jagged side structures, are preferable and look a bit rougher than the billion LED lights on the current set-up. Obviously, it's not exactly a smoke-filled arena with a simple black curtain- I did state that it had production value, which must mean it's polished to an extent.

Fair enough, we'll agree to disagree on that. I see your point, but I think there's a spectrum presentation can sit on, rather than "has grit/has zero grit".

Since you seem to have retracted the "can't take my opinion seriously" bit of your post, I'll withdraw the calling you a miserable cunt. Sorry about that (kinda). No need for caps and getting up in arms about it all though.

Archived