HXC Wrestling presents 'An Extreme Dark Night' Fri May 1st @ T

hxcwrestling

HXC WRESTLING returns to The Ritz, Whitworth Street, Manchester City centre on Friday May 1st with AN EXTREME DARK NIGHT.

Doors 7pm-Showtime 7.30pm till late.

Featuring ECW legend SABU vs Jimmy Havoc and Jack Jester in a 3 way dance, Tommy End vs Jigsaw, Cyanide, Mikey Whiplash, Dani Divine and much more.

TICKET INCLUDES DISCOUNTED ENTRY TO OUR HUGE VOODOO ROCK AFTERPARTY AT THE RUBY LOUNGE THAT WILL BE TAKING PLACE STRAIGHT AFTER THE SHOW UNTIL 4AM.

Parking near the venue,both paid and free:

http://en.parkopedia.co.uk/parking/near/the-ritz-2/

Advanced tickets are available NOW and priced at £10(+booking fees) via the following outlets: 

Walk in ticket outlets:

Ridelow shop, 27-29 Church St, Manchester Centre 0161 834 5788 (£10 +£1 Booking fee).

The Grand Central Pub ,80 Oxford Road,Manchester Centre (£10+£1 Booking fee from the bar).

The Courtyard Pub, Chester Street, Manchester, M1 5SH (£10+£1 Booking fee from the bar).

Gaffs,222 Wilmslow Road,Fallowfield,Manchester 0161 224 3176 (£10+£1 Booking Fee) 

TICKET BOX OFFICE Telephone: 0161 726 5353

Skiddle- http://skdl.it/1GgKLJI

988949_850566071656563_54535578614626504

• Paid Members

When I heard Sabu was coming I said to my mate "He's GOT to fight Havok" and he said "Or Jester." So yeah, we're in for this!

Hxc is always a cracking night, im well up for this and im taking my girlfriend who has 0 interest in wrestling but she said she wanted to come along too see what the atmosphere is like

Hxc is always a cracking night, im well up for this and im taking my girlfriend who has 0 interest in wrestling but she said she wanted to come along too see what the atmosphere is like

Havent been for a while, but it's certain that is a different kind of atmos. At the old venue, took some lasses who always wanted to see what the fuss was, they both enjoyed the spectacle and the super violence, weirdly. Havoc has a lot to answer for :p 

• 1 month later...

Bubblegum & Gibson beat Big damo & Coffey

Mark Massa beat Wild boar

BT Gunn beat Mikey Whiplash (top match)

Tommy End beat Jigsaw (Even better)

Sam Bailey beat Iestyn Rees - Ashton Smith then came out and challenged bailey to a ladder match at a future show.

Dave Rayne (dressed as raven) and damon leigh beat the blackpool blonds.

Viper won a 10 women battle royal

Sabu beat jimmy havoc and jack jester.

Very good show especially the jigsaw/end and whiplash/bt match. Would say around 300/400 in attendance but no return date announced yet but would hazard a guess on the same night as Summerslam.

Since the move to the ritz, the product has improved vastly from the days in the MMU.

Bubblegum & Gibson beat Big damo & Coffey

Mark Massa beat Wild boar

BT Gunn beat Mikey Whiplash (top match)

Tommy End beat Jigsaw (Even better)

Sam Bailey beat Iestyn Rees - Ashton Smith then came out and challenged bailey to a ladder match at a future show.

Dave Rayne (dressed as raven) and damon leigh beat the blackpool blonds.

Viper won a 10 women battle royal

Sabu beat jimmy havoc and jack jester.

Very good show especially the jigsaw/end and whiplash/bt match. Would say around 300/400 in attendance but no return date announced yet but would hazard a guess on the same night as Summerslam.

Since the move to the ritz, the product has improved vastly from the days in the MMU.

Thanks for those - a lot of the great things I heard were about End and Jigsaw. No matter where he goes, Tommy seems to have the best match on the show.

• Paid Members

The show was well-paced (I was knackered near the end of Tequila Sunrise) and good in a "something for everyone" way.

* Lad Banter is my new favourite tag team in the country.

* BT Gunn is dramatically improved from the last time I saw him.

* End vs Jigsaw had some very idyrrific no-selling of stiff-sounding kicks, but was exciting, that can't be denied.

* Dangerous Damon "Dreamer" and Dave "Rayven" was a cracking bit of silly fun, which every card should have some of.

* Viper winning by throwing out the Owens Twins together was nicely old-school. Even though I am in love with was cheering for Lana.

* The main event was what it should have been. I mark out huge for Havok, but given that many in attendance will have come for Sabu, it was right that he won.

My only real gripe with HXC is that the way the MC shoehorns "fucking" into every sentence and sleazes over Emi Jay feels really forced. Just as "PG / family-friendly" doesn't have to mean cheesy/childish (see FutureShock for PG done right, for instance), doesn't mean "for adults" has to have the point hammered home unnecessarily. The wrestlers are allowed to swear in the promos, scantily clad girls are featured, wrestlers will bleed on occasion. That's an adult product, fine. But that guy.... yeah.

• Paid Members

I enjoyed it given the state I ended up in. The ECW parody with DDL and Rayne was brilliant, that's what ECW legacy should be these days, people taking the piss of it how bloody daft it was. Women's Battle Royal was what it was but Viper is just awesome isn't she. My sister came to watch the show and she absolutely loved her, she can do the monster heel or the Mastiff style 'big' babyface arse kicker. Nice to see Sabu too, and he didn't fuck up. Incredible! Raid did I see you and blank this again?

I really enjoyed last night. That was my first HXC show since the one with Pondo and Crazy Mary back in...2013?

Took my girlfriend to the show and she really enjoyed it, possibly because it's the sort of crowd that she fits in with. I guess that might mean she'll go to a few more HXC shows in future, which I certainly won't be complaining about.

The ECW parody was brilliantly done for how daft it was. Viper continued to impress every time I've seen her. BT Gunn and Whiplash were absolutely fantastic, and I've got a soft spot for Tommy End so his match was pretty darn good.

The main event seemed to finish out of nowhere. I guess I just expected a little bit more from it, but it was still fun. Fingers crossed that I'll get back to the next show they do.

• Paid Members

Raid did I see you and blank this again?

If you saw me, I didn't see you. I did see coby and truthofsin. I was fairly hidden as I was part of a group of five and three of the others were taller and/or broader than me, which I don't get to say often.

Archived