Post a Tribute to a Wrestler who Nobody Likes

LEGIT

I've wanted to do this for a while. Post a tribute to a wrestler you like, for whatever reason, not Flair or Hogan, but someone who is thought of lowly by fans.

I'll start. There was a Brock Lesnar before Brock Lesnar. A big, blonde, bloated bad ass.

borga.jpg

BORGA

The Hellraiser from Helsinki was always one of my favourites. I liked his reckless brawling style. I like his look and stance, with his shoulders thrown back and chest out. He oozed arrogance and cut a good promo.

An example of a quality Borga match can be found here, versus Scott Steiner on Raw (be sure to appreciate his good theme music, the Finnish anthem):

I had a collection of hundreds of wrestling figures back in the day and Hasbro green cards where hard to come by.

borgapic.jpg

The fact that I never got this figure still annoys me, I think it's clear to see how cool it is. It says a lot that as a grown man I've found myself trying to source a cheap one on Ebay.

He definitely would have went on to finer things had a knee injury not basically retired him. The '94 Rumble would had been better with him in it, and the planned match with Earthquake at 'Mania would have totally pissed over the Adam Bomb match.

There may not be many, but I for one am a Borga fan. Feel free to post further thoughts on Borga. And please, join in by posting a tribute to your favourite under appreciated wrestlers. Thank you.

I loved Borga, i just remember him being a badass, i use to his pose when i was a kid. i always remembered how he ruined tantaka undefeated streak with one finger.  

• Paid Members

I read somewhere he was meant to beat Undertaker for the title after Rumble '94 and then lose it to Luger at WrestleMania. But where did I get this? Meltzer?

I'm pretty sure when I last posted that, whoever I stole it from either a) got it from Meltzer or b) just made it up.

It sounds like bollocks, doesn't it? Thinking about the original "Luger gets the belt at WrestleMania" plan, it makes far more sense for him to simply avenge the SummerSlam debacle than hotshotting the belt from Yokozuna to Undertaker to Borga - who Luger had already worked all over the country by that point.

• Paid Members

The under appreciated German muscle known as Brakkus has to be my favorite, he was like the German Lex Luger!

No idea how he was like a German Luger. He did get his nose caved by Savio Vega and got to beat Jesus himself on Raw before vanishing forever.

• Paid Members

"What you lookin' at?"

Got to pick the most under-appreciated stable in Wrestling history. The group with the greatest theme music known to man.

"I've got everything that I ever wanted and I'm going to get that back."

Three man stables are great and this group had a great heat machine with two lackeys capable of taking care of business. It really was the way to turn X-Pac into a genuine PPV main eventer.

It was money.

"Oh, I know you hate X-Factor but you don't have to look at me like that...."

xfactor_zpszgk7y8qn.jpg

"What you lookin' at?"

• Paid Members

"I've got everything that I ever wanted and I'm going to get that back."

"...I'll never give that back."

Otherwise, great shout. I really liked X-Factor, they always came across as dangerous to anyone as a gang, even if you couldn't buy Albert and Credible as threats on their own. Their feud with the Hollys was a bit of low-profile fun.

• Paid Members

He has one of the greatest faces (Literal face. Not babyface) I ever bore witness to, and looked like he belonged in his own Looney Tunes cartoon.

Actually, I would love a t-shirt with his face inside the Looney Tunes Bullseye/Target/Logo.
It’s Shawn ‘Planet’ Stasiak.

Could have been fucking majestic, but for whatever reason, cunts with no sense of humour or class disliked him.

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x5nn81_raw-22-4-2002-william-regal-vs-shaw_sport

hqdefault.jpg

Big bad bald headed ECW Snitsky. Not quite as insane as the original baby punting loon with full hair and goatee. But still of a similar nature of complete and utter lunacy. Him suddenly turning up out of nowhere in a Extreme Expose backstage/in ring segment being a bit pervy every week would have been brilliant.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kF-nL3uaqS4

Can't believe they didn't put the ECW belt on the big bastard.

• Paid Members

Tiger Ali Singh. Ok, as a wrestler he was a bit of a bore but 'How Low Will Americans Go' was excellent and a perfect fit for the Attitude Era. Who could forget the girl having to snog 'Babu' after he'd spent a week eating sardines? Or the guy having to lick between Babu's toes. Unfortunately it never went anywhere. Could have been made into a good angle by having a babyface oppose Singh. However, once the gimmick ran it's course, poor Tiger soon faded. Still, thankyou for providing a teenage Boycie some laughs.

I've wanted to do this for a while. Post a tribute to a wrestler you like, for whatever reason, not Flair or Hogan, but someone who is thought of lowly by fans.

I had a collection of hundreds of wrestling figures back in the day and Hasbro green cards where hard to come by.

borgapic.jpg

The fact that I never got this figure still annoys me, I think it's clear to see how cool it is. It says a lot that as a grown man I've found myself trying to source a cheap one on Ebay.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Wwf-hasbro-ludvig-borga-/181687331067?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item2a4d68a8fb

Enjoy...

Archived