The Ultimate Fighter - American Top Team vs The Blackzilians

David

• Paid Members

considering the buzz it generated beforehand with the change of concept, it's kind of fizzled out which is a shame. One guy comes out of the season looking like a bit of a star for me, Haydar Hassan. Pretty much single handedly won the show on his own for ATT.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

just the whole change in concept, the gym vs. gym thing. This season definitely had a little more buzz going into it than the last bunch, well that's how i felt it to be.

This was on in my hotel bar when I went to get dinner (I'm in Chicago) and it was a good experience. The waiter was talking to me about McGregor and how much he liked him although he may have said that for a bigger tip (Spoiler, it worked)

There was a pretty cool advert with McGregor for some watch or other, he was running through walls and stuff to get to his fight.

• Paid Members

anyone catch it?

Guess that's a bit of a breakout performance for Wonderboy? guy's a lot of fun to watch and he's dangerous as shit, Ellenburger got waxed with those spinning attacks.

LegalMemorableFlies.gif

Big fan of Jorge Masvidal, great to see him pick up a stoppage at 170lb, he called out Matt Brown which could be an insane fight, but i'd also be down for Masvidal/Wonderboy. Not quite sure what to make of Cezar Ferreira though, he's now been KO'd badly in the UFC 3 times, the drop in weight hasn't helped him.

TUF finale's were decent enough, would have liked to have seen Hassan win but i think Usman is the better prospect overall.

Michelle Waterson is a good addition to 115lb despite being a bit undersized, another pretty, marketable chick isn't going to hurt that division. Given her style though id like to see her fight Joanna, it could come sooner rather than later too.

Only other noteworthy thing is that Yves Lavigne is still fucking useless, the stoppage in the Blanco/De La Torre fight was just shocking.

• Paid Members

Yeah the Blanco vs De La Torre stoppage was shite. Yeah De La Torre was clearly hurt, but Lavigne gave him no chance to fight back or even show he was OK at all. He just dived straight in and called it off.

Wonderboy looked fantastic. Ellenberger's so hit and miss these days it's hard to really say how impressive a win it was but in terms of Thompson's own performance it was brilliant. He couldn't have done any better. Thompson's a weird case in a way. He's looked great ever since that loss to Matt Brown (over three years ago, by the way!) yet he never really seems to rise up the ladder or get people talking much. Hopefully this win will change that with Ellenberger being a decent name in the division.

Thompson vs Masvidal would be good. Or how about the old styles clash - Wonderboy vs Gunnar Nelson?

Chuffed with the Waterson result. Ha! Fuck sour tits Magana. It was sweet watching her get totally outclassed at everything, then forced to tap. Even better that it was Waterson who is a wicked little fighter and adorable with it.

I'd like to see Waterson vs VanZant myself. Both exciting all-action fighters, both popular and it'd surely be the cutest fight in MMA history. Only downside would be one of them would lose. Seriously though, how could Waterson vs VanZant be anything but awesome? That's the fight to make.

Masvidal looked a beast. Everybody knew he always had skills. The one knock on him seemed to be he'd never really finish fights and sometimes left fights closer than he had to. None of that here. Him and Dustin Poirier are good examples that cutting weight can be more of a hindrance than a help. They've both looked more dangerous since moving up a division.

• Paid Members

Oh yeah, forgot about that. Could still happen after that though. I read yesterday that Waterson might be out six months so providing VanZant beats Chambers, Waterson should be good to go by the time Paige's next fight is being sorted.

Archived