WWE babyfaces: what's the high water mark for crowd support?

Pinc

Does Brets 1997 Hart Foundation run (in Canada) count with him being hated in America?

If so then i would say thats most like the Punk MITB Chicago crowd but Bret had the country aswell whichever Canadian city they were in. I cant remember Bret getting an outright fierce roar that matches Punks at MITB though.

What is Brets best pop?

• Awards Moderator

Dont think there is a spoiler rule anymore for anything on the network

For network programming which doesn't get an outing on TV.

Don't want to derail a thread but can you clarify the spoiler rule? I don't quite follow the above and can't see it in a FAQ anywhere.

I posted the other week about basically having a man crush on Jeff Hardy in that 2008 era. He was straight awesome. Too bad the singer was outed as a rapist/kiddie fiddler whatever, because that "Rooftops" promo was the best bit of babyface hype WWE have given anyone in seemingly forever.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CSUnr7S78WQ

It's a pity they wound up chucking his big WWE title win on the December PPV, really the only misstep on WWE's end with Jeff.

What an awesome vignette! WWE Haven't nailed many of these for me lately. Sends me back to the "My Sacrifice" stuff  

It's a pity they wound up chucking his big WWE title win on the December PPV, really the only misstep on WWE's end with Jeff.

Really? Not, say, cutting his balls off just one month after his big win?

Ah true, must have blocked it out of my head, that whole Hardys feud, where Matt awkwardly replaced Christian. But that does tie into my point about the December PPV, they had to scrap the title run quick because Jeff wasn't getting the Wrestlemania title match. They'd have been better off finishing off Matt vs Jeff at Mania, and have built the feud by having Matt cost Jeff the belt at Armageddon and the Rumble. With Matt out of commission after a brutal Extreme Rules match at Mania, Jeff gets his shot and the WWE/world title at Backlash.

With the mess that was Jeff Hardy booking in early 09, it all worked out nicely later with the Punk feud though.

Archived