The Revolution Pro Wrestling Thread

Big Benny HG

If you're curious as to who New Zealand got, it's:

Hiroshi Tanahashi

Kazuchika Okada

Kenny Omega

Hirooki Goto

Bad Luck Fale

Guerillas Of Destiny (Tama Tonga & Tanga Rao)

Haku

KUSHIDA

Matt Sydal

The Young Bucks (Matt & Nick Jackson)

reDRagon (Kyle O'Reilly & Bobby Fish)

Rippongi Vice (Rocky Romero & Trent Berreta)

Dalton Castle

Yujiro Takahashi

Strong Man

El Terrible

Juice Robinson

Jay White

David Finlay

RJ Brewer

Tony Kozina

Aaron Henry

So we have 4 RevPro and UK debuts. The NZ line-up would have had 6 out of NJPW and Gaijin talent used a lot by NJPW this year (Omega, Goto, Tonga, Rao, Fish, Takahashi).

• 2 weeks later...

Current cards so far

Night 1

British Heavyweight Championship

Sabre Jr vs Shibata

Evil, Sanada and Naito vs Bate, Seven and Haskins

Hero vs Ishii

Night 2

Liger vs Osprey

Ishii vs Dunne

Naito and Sanada vs Scurll and Sabre Jr

Night 1

Looks decent so far. Sabre Jr/Shibata was decent last time so this should be good, mainly depends on how fit Shibata is (despite RPW saying he will be there, I think we have to face that there is a possibility of him not) but hope he is. LIDJ vs facial hair should be a good match, LIDJ are the one stable who always deliver in 6 man matches and I saw Bate work the style well at the Chikara/Fight Club Pro tour and he can do it well. Not a fan of Hero, don't dislike just not into him as much as the RPW fans seem to be, but still think him vs Ishii will be a good hard hitting match, well it has Ishii.

Night 2

Looks superior so far. I think most people want to see Liger vs Osprey in a 15 minute plus match, just like the Liger vs AJ match last year, and is well anticipated. Ishii vs Dunne should be very good and could steal both shows, Dunne has had a great year and Ishii has been fantastic as always with some of the best G1 matches. Naito and Sanada bs Scurll and Sabre Jr is at the level of a possible main event tag match. Sanada has been the good in New Japan, Naito is super over and Sabre Jr and Scurll have had a vast amount of international exposure over the past 18 months. I just find it odd that you have Naito in no singles matches. 

However ticket sales still do not seem great with only 1st and 2nd row sold out in night 2 in only an 850 capacity venue. Seems many do not want to go to both, maybe because England play Scotland that evening, and there also many other big shows that month so many will not travel to London as they have other choices. 

Edited by westlondonmist

There is quite a lot going on wrestling wise alone to be fair in November. We've already got the ROH Tour and the PCW/CZW/WXW/Beyond Quadruple Header for example and most people are probably set on one or the others. Who else is doing double headers/big shows? Yeah, the football is going to fill up hotels easily which will put a few people off who can't get back same day or have to drive through the traffic that'll cause because it's quite a big game.

Also, it's not even really a weekend is it? People travelling from outside London would need to take two days off work to attend both shows. I hadn't missed a RevPro York Hall show until the Vader show which was announced at pretty short notice in terms of getting cheapskate train tickets, and this double header for which I simply wasn't able to get the time off work.

I understand the time off, I live in London and I have had to take 2 days off (I work in Reading and getting to the show on time would be difficult). Strangely the Thursday show seems to have sold better. 

I think because of the lack of star power from Okada, Tanahashi and Omega these shows will not sell out and be a considered a big failure with 9 Japanese imports over and 1 US import considering the 4 previous big London shows this year. People can say the shows will be good anyway but many people want star power to give a reason to see above RoH, WWE or ICW. Ishii, Shibata, Elgin and Hero have already been at RPW this year. 

Another 2 matches added: Night 1 Shibatta vs Hero, not massively fussed but another that I am sure many Hero fans out there. Night 2 Honma vs Samuels, this just sounds abysmal. Honma can be good most of the time but can have off nights, Samuels I really dislike and would rather RPW just got shift of him. 

Elgin is out for NJPW Power Struggle (less than a week before) due to a dislocated eye socket so he could be out for this show and would not be surprised if he is. I would hope they brought in a decent replacement like Hashi or Tiger Mask. 

Another 2 matches added: Night 1 Shibatta vs Hero, not massively fussed but another that I am sure many Hero fans out there. Night 2 Honma vs Samuels, this just sounds abysmal. Honma can be good most of the time but can have off nights, Samuels I really dislike and would rather RPW just got shift of him. 

The nights are the other way round for those 2 matches.

Night 1

ZSJ vs Shibata

Scurll vs Liger

Hero vs Ishii

Haskins/Bate/Seven vs Naito/Evil/Sanada

Samuels vs Honma

Night 2

Hero vs Shibata

Ospreay vs Liger

Scurll/ZSJ vs Naito/Sanada

Dunne vs Ishii

Seven vs Elgin

• 2 weeks later...

Perhaps unsurprisingly, Micheal Elgin's injury has ruled him out of the shows. Replacement TBA.

Bushi v Will Ospreay just confirmed for Night 1.

Announced on Friday, the last 2 matches for Night 2 are as follows:

Charlie Garrett and Joel Redman v Evil and Bushi for LIJ.

Drew Galloway v Tomoaki Honma.