The Revolution Pro Wrestling Thread

Big Benny HG

Maybe The Young Bucks as an exclusive on one night like they did last year with Gallows and Anderson in Reading and remind me who did the York Hall one. That or have them wrestle with Omega on one night as The Elite vs a UK Elite Dream Team and just by themselves on the other night.

ACH and O'Reilly were on the friday. I would not be surprised if Young Bucks were at both shows, they are at the ROH show the next week and Supercard of Honor the next.
Thats true because they're signed with both. They'll probably hang around until then because these are all on separate weekends.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Anyone going to the show tonight fancying picking up a Hero vs Villain 2 t-shirt for me? Can send money in advance via paypal. Happy to add a few quid on for postage & packaging, or I'll be at the PROGRESS show in Manchester on Sunday if anyone i doing that trip also? Would be much appreciated

All sorts of shenanigans played a part with Pete Dunne interfering, it was exactly what you thought a Vader match in 2016 would be, he was really big, could barely get up after a bump but can't blame the guy when he's 61.

But agree the wrong result.

• Paid Members

It was the wrong result but they smoke and mirrored it up the ying yang. Putting a lot of the heat on Pete Dunne going forward.

Absolutely belting show over all. I've been to the last 3 Revpro York Hall shows and this was top to bottom the best with the crowd into absolutely everything.

• Paid Members

Just seen some clips on Instagram and the fan reaction to Big Van Vader seems an absolute embarrassment. Shameful like.

How so? He is a heel, he got booed. Seems like exact reaction they wanted. There was one chant with the C word that was out of order but thankfully it didn't last long.

EDIT - Jeff Cobb's abit awesome isn't he? I've not seen as much Lucha Undground as I should never seen him under his own name. But I love me a big man.

Edited by DEF

• Paid Members

I think you're a bit too naive if you think Vader going over Ospreay, no matter what the means to the end were, is okay. 61 year old who can barely walk beats the hottest property of the UK scene? Great stuff. I wonder how much Vader moaned for him to be able to go over. Not even a no contest or DQ for fucks sake.

I actually enjoyed the main event, how it should of been with Vader beating up Ospreay and using power with Ospreay getting out with speed. Ospreay didn't need to use that many moves to look good, I would say the match of his I have enjoyed most since Kushida 1. I would have preferred it if Ricochet and Dunne did not get involved and they just let Ospreay win. It did not look as if Vader needed help to win as Ricochet and Ospreay held him down while taking turns to do a shooting star press on him. The plus from it is that it brings a feud to RPW and with Dunne being one of only a few single heel wrestlers and he deserves to play a part in a big match. RPW does not seem to do feuds, they do not need many but some bits here and there to make sure you feel like you don't want to miss the show is important. I imagine Ospreay vs Dunne will be at Global Wars. A problem with this is that both Dunne and Ospreay lost tonight, when really neither should.

Jeff Cobb was major over. I have never actually seen any of his matches but I liked what he was doing. I would not be surprised if he ends up champ with RPW, the reaction was massive and the fans showed they wanted him back. This could also be seen with the reaction to Sabre post match.

The opener was my favourite match, great fast paced, hard hitting and technical. Jay White is not appreciated as much I feel he deserved but at least the York Hall crowd loved him. Have not really enjoyed Bodom stuff but his last 3 York Hall matches have been quite good.

Only match I didn't really get into was Samuels vs Damo

Edited by westlondonmist

It was the wrong result but they smoke and mirrored it up the ying yang. Putting a lot of the heat on Pete Dunne going forward.

If that's the big match you're building to you shouldn't have them both lose. It'll be a good match but this is bad booking.