The Revolution Pro Wrestling Thread

Big Benny HG

• Paid Members

Bailey's also just been announced for the next Cockpit taping on June 5th, along with M-Dogg Matt Cross, who is on the PROGRESS SSS16 tournament the previous weekend.

In my absence, Lord Gideon Grey is tweeting results and match times from the taping going on now. Odd having someone else do it!

2 new matches announced for Angle vs Sabre Jr, Dar vs Scurll and Hero vs Bodom. Looking forward to seeing Dar vs Scurll. Hero vs Bodom should be decent enough. The card comes across as decent as so far matches do not look obviously predictable which was the problem with High Stakes. 

card for me for angle/sabre is crazy stacked. some of my favourite wrestlers, some guys i've never seen and some guys i've wanted to see for years. 

they don't seem to be slowing down with the matches either. 

whats the deal with rev pro? is the owner a little rich kid or something ?

cards they've been putting on don't seem sustainable. 

EDIT: i wonder if dar/scurrl will actually happen. dar seems to have plenty of reasons for not being allowed in matches since his global cruiserweights spot got announced

Edited by ryan1888

• Paid Members

card for me for angle/sabre is crazy stacked. some of my favourite wrestlers, some guys i've never seen and some guys i've wanted to see for years. 

EDIT: i wonder if dar/scurrl will actually happen. dar seems to have plenty of reasons for not being allowed in matches since his global cruiserweights spot got announced

They sell 1200 seats where the cheapest are £20 and front row alone brings in £2000.

The owner has been involved in wrestling for quite a while and has background in promoting so probably has an idea on how much to spend and make a profit. As Linus pointed out they sell 1200 tickets at York Hall, a show which I think will make a few newbies buy tickets to Summer Sizzler (already sold 800, inc 1st 5 rows). If you averaged the price at £30 that is still £36,000. As you can see with people like Mike Bailey in June he is doing 2 shows for them and I think for another promotion(s) also, which spreads the cost of air tickets to more than 1 show, and they have done things like this before. They often also do meet and greets, the ones at Global Wars cost £110 for all 10 wrestlers and I bet meets with Bret, Sting and Sean Waltman brought in a few quid. Also people like a-merch will pay for dvd stands etc and then also RPW on demand which I have bought some shows from and will subscribe to the new service in a few months when more content is on.

I think British wrestling has moved on from some of the supershows with foreign wrestlers from 10-15 years ago as many learnt their lesson from them or when they were doing them back then where they budgeted badly and lost money or at best break even so are now able to make money.

ahh right totally fair. thought the york hall was only 700 and totally forgot about the price bands. 

fair play to him. he's clearly doing something right. 

been watching rev pro for a few year but this is the first show i'm able to make. very excited!

• 2 weeks later...

Might have been said before and i'm reading like a dipshit but usually a promotion like this even in the UK now can make good money selling the DVD's and soon to be/ already the online downloads of shows and matches by avid fans all around the world. The imports bring in extra attention on the local guys and then people start making repeat orders. It's quite common these days I reckon for a show that's an on-the-night money loser to bring in a good profit over the next 6-12 months or more. so long as you have the capital to pay everyone who needs paying in advance. I guess promotions like Rev-Pro run cheaper shows too with less or no imports and smaller cards which bring in some extra cash and prop up the online content

Might have been said before and i'm reading like a dipshit but usually a promotion like this even in the UK now can make good money selling the DVD's and soon to be/ already the online downloads of shows and matches by avid fans all around the world. The imports bring in extra attention on the local guys and then people start making repeat orders. It's quite common these days I reckon for a show that's an on-the-night money loser to bring in a good profit over the next 6-12 months or more. so long as you have the capital to pay everyone who needs paying in advance. I guess promotions like Rev-Pro run cheaper shows too with less or no imports and smaller cards which bring in some extra cash and prop up the online content

Some people still buy DVDs but with so many companies WWE, New Japan, ICW, Chikara, Progress and others all doing subscription services I think they bring in more money than dvds. How many dvds would they sell? With subscriptions people pay for shows they often would not have done.

They do monthly shows in Marylebone, which often have 1-2 imports and also do shows in places like Sittingbourne and Portsmouth. The rise in the amount of Marylebone is likely to bump up online content but they are apparently very good.

I am not sure their York Hall shows lose money, although the pre-show investment is pretty big. But shows like Angle vs Sabre Jr sold out quickly and Summer Sizzler over 800, both in a 1200 venue. You then have meet and greets, Angle one is £40, I think Bret Hart and X Pac ones have been over £20.

• Paid Members

The Marylebone venue is so intimate, the shows there have been loads of fun. Actual delivery of that content to RPW's on demand is very, very spotty though.

• 3 weeks later...