The Revolution Pro Wrestling Thread

Big Benny HG

The only thing missing from Uprising was the seemingly-regular "next York Hall show we're bringing you THIS" announcement to come home excited about.

Is it wrong that I'd be more excited about Shibata coming than all the "big 4" combined? Sexy bastard.

With apologies for the double-post, this is my worry at the moment. They've already brought over Tanahashi, Nakamura, Okada, Styles and Liger multiple times now. Ishii's been here. We had Devitt. We've now had Naito, Kushida, Tenzan and Kojima too.

Aside from Goto and Shibata there's literally no-one left to bring in now where simply the chance to see them is the 'draw'.

Styles has now well and truly seen off Scurll, Ospreay and Haskins, and Damo has been shown not to be able to win big matches. Who does he defend against next? The Ricochet match is there still, but what else?

As for Japanese guys to come over, as well as Shibata, I'd love to see Ibushi but he isn't 100% a NJPW guy which perhaps presents complications, and Suzuki (but he is off doing the NOAH thing at the moment).

As for the title picture, I don't know where they go short to medium term, thats the problem with the NJPW shows - all your guys are losing. Perhaps originally they were hoping Trav was going to be healthy, have the Kirby weekend of beating ACH and not taking the fall against Naito/Kushida and then face AJ. Is there ever going to be a point where AJ is low enough on the NJPW totem pole and happy enough himself to do the job? Perhaps to a rebuilt Ospreay longer term? Or do they have to go the 3-way route again at some point to get the belt off him?

• Paid Members

There's still Togi Makabe too, I guess, and possibly a Nagata in a 'legends' role. And they can always go back to the Young Bucks.

Can't see the likes of Iizuka, Yano, Takahashi, Yoshi-Hashi or El Dorado and such creating much interest unless they were being brought in as part of a larger crew (Global Wars 2016, for instance...).

• 1 month later...

Rev Pro have updated the card for High Stakes, currently the following. AJ Vs Sabre Jr, Scurll Vs Osprey, Lethal Vs Haskins, Big Damo vs Bailey. I am not sure who mike bailey is.

He's the new hyped guy on USA indies, popular in PWG and with that sort of fanbase. Does a lot of kicking and is a great underdog. Not my favourite but this is an ideal matchup for him.

Is anyone else more than a little anxious that AJ is going to pull out of this show given his recent back issues? 

It wouldn't be the end of the world and given the track record that Rev Pro have for Replacements (Roderick Strong and Austin Aries!) I feel they would find a great replacement to face Zack but god I really REALLY want to see this match and feel if it doesn't happen in January there is a good chance it won't happen.

Is anyone else more than a little anxious that AJ is going to pull out of this show given his recent back issues? 

It wouldn't be the end of the world and given the track record that Rev Pro have for Replacements (Roderick Strong and Austin Aries!) I feel they would find a great replacement to face Zack but god I really REALLY want to see this match and feel if it doesn't happen in January there is a good chance it won't happen.

if it doesn't happen it would be a loss but it is not the end of the show. Haskins/Lethal, Scurll/ Osprey and Williams Cabana could carry the show on their own. I think AJ will be okay, but may not go all out. As AJ wants to do less indy dates, if he does pull out do the 3 mentioned matches, leading to a 3 way on the night for a new champion or have Sabre Jr against someone else like Galloway for a 4 way match..