The Revolution Pro Wrestling Thread

Big Benny HG

Couldn't get into an event due to age restriction and no ID and his only answer was it was in small print of PayPal receipt. Then gave his number or email and was like we'll sort it out but then never replied. And the rubbish with people charging at a paid meet and greet was happening like 2 years ago.

Shinsuke Nakamura's attitude at the Meet & Greet was really bad. He and Ishii charged £10 for photos despite being told not to by RPW staff (at least they said when told that they would go and speak to them about it). It was awful because they were doing the same thing during the show's interval anyway, rendering the £15 fans paid (along with the extra time they spent queuing) for the Meet & Greet pretty much meaningless. 

The worst part was his attitude when I even tried speaking to him (in his own language no less) without buying anything - he was charging £10 for a couple of tiny stickers and a photo. He continued signing a bulk of posters (which they were probably going to try to sell later) without even looking at me, just about replying to me under his breath. I've actually never felt so insulated by a wrestler in my life. It was like I'd followed him to his hotel or something (as opposed to being a paid fan at an aptly named 'Meet & Greet' event). 

It's true that in Japan Meet & Greets tend to be much more formal and less interactive, with photos and signatures typically requiring you to purchase something. However, they don't have the £15 admission fee! But I think Nakamura needs to learn that when in Rome.............

The sour taste from this incident almost completely ruined the show for me. This is about the third time RPW have failed to take a stand on this issue and it's quite infuriating. There were questions about this on Facebook in the days leading up to show that went unanswered. I have emailed a complaint and am awaiting a response. 

I met Nakamura after Wrestle Kingdom outside the TD and he was great. He was posing with fans and talking to everyone. 

Shinsuke Nakamura's attitude at the Meet & Greet was really bad. He and Ishii charged £10 for photos despite being told not to by RPW staff (at least they said when told that they would go and speak to them about it). It was awful because they were doing the same thing during the show's interval anyway, rendering the £15 fans paid (along with the extra time they spent queuing) for the Meet & Greet pretty much meaningless. 

The worst part was his attitude when I even tried speaking to him (in his own language no less) without buying anything - he was charging £10 for a couple of tiny stickers and a photo. He continued signing a bulk of posters (which they were probably going to try to sell later) without even looking at me, just about replying to me under his breath. I've actually never felt so insulated by a wrestler in my life. It was like I'd followed him to his hotel or something (as opposed to being a paid fan at an aptly named 'Meet & Greet' event). 

It's true that in Japan Meet & Greets tend to be much more formal and less interactive, with photos and signatures typically requiring you to purchase something. However, they don't have the £15 admission fee! But I think Nakamura needs to learn that when in Rome.............

The sour taste from this incident almost completely ruined the show for me. This is about the third time RPW have failed to take a stand on this issue and it's quite infuriating. There were questions about this on Facebook in the days leading up to show that went unanswered. I have emailed a complaint and am awaiting a response. 

I met Nakamura after Wrestle Kingdom outside the TD and he was great. He was posing with fans and talking to everyone. 

Yes, and he was friendly at last year's RPW as well. I didn't say he wasn't ever friendly; I just said he wasn't this time (presumably because I didn't pay the £10). And it came across very rudely. 

Just because he was nice to you, me and other fans on other occasions doesn't make what I'm telling you about this incident any less true or less valid. 

Edited by Maikeru

Really great event. Very entertaining and high quality wrestling.

• Sydal vs Ospreay was a classic. They worked hard and they deserved the standing ovation afterwards.
  • Grado as Matt Classic was a lot of fun. The match was much better than expected.
  • Aj Styles vs Scurll took me a while to get into. The chemistry wasn't there at first.but they nailed it in the last 10 minutes. Once Scurll gets "warmed up", he can hang with the best of them.
  • Big Damo surprisingly stole the show for me. The best "big man" match up I have seen in a looong time.

Also, congratulations to RPW for being featured on WWE television (this weeks NXT).

Are the NJPW guys scheduled anywhere for the 3rd October?

I notice All Star are running Croydon that day, so maybe they'll try get Liger again like they had him the day before SuperClash 2 last year. Maybe another one as well while they're at it but we'll see.

• Paid Members

I'm really quite excited for the third Live at the Cockpit YouTube taping this Sunday. Announced so far...

Marty Scurll vs Will Ospreay

Jimmy Havoc vs Josh Bodom

BRITISH TAG TEAM TITLES: Sha Samuels & James Castle vs Mark Haskins & Joel Redman

Doug Williams vs Jonny Storm

The £15, sit wherever you like deal is really great in this intimate little venue. Can't wait.

Are the NJPW guys scheduled anywhere for the 3rd October?

I notice All Star are running Croydon that day, so maybe they'll try get Liger again like they had him the day before SuperClash 2 last year. Maybe another one as well while they're at it but we'll see.

Hmm, that could be cool. WXW are running Oberhausen too so I'm guessing the NJPW guys might split shows or something.

• Paid Members

Bloody hell, Ospreay vs Scurll tonight was brilliant. It's absolutely must-see on YouTube when it pops up.

In other news, a second non-finish (double countout) between Jimmy Havoc and Josh Bodom led to a no-DQ match being announced for Uprising - if they can keep their hands off each other until then. It also led to repeated chants for both men between all the remaining matches, including a crazy 5+ minute dualling chant before the main event could start. It was mental.

• Paid Members

I already have my Uprising ticket and am very pleased to hear that York Hall will be graced by Jimmy! Jimmy! Jimmy fucking Havoc!

Yes, and he was friendly at last year's RPW as well. I didn't say he wasn't ever friendly; I just said he wasn't this time (presumably because I didn't pay the £10). And it came across very rudely. 

Just because he was nice to you, me and other fans on other occasions doesn't make what I'm telling you about this incident any less true or less valid. 

I shared my experience of meeting him. Nothing more, nothing less. No need for your tone.