The Revolution Pro Wrestling Thread

Big Benny HG

15 hours ago, Hardy said:

i don't have i issue with having security and even security doing a good job I do take issue too being searched twice in a row and people being held up with long queues by them when doors open at 6pm and you can't get in the venue till after 7pm that is bad security at that stage not security to keep us all safe

Security is standard pal, go any large scale event in London and you'll experience this.  I can understand it may be a bit daunting for people who aren't used to going to events in London or not used to security checks for gigs at locations such as The 02, Wembley Arena or any West End Theatre.

As for the venue as a whole, York Hall is Rev Pro's prestige venue used for all the year's major shows and I've never really had much of a problem with views.  I usually go for the 4th-6th rows and in all my year's of shows there harking back to FWA days I've never had my evening ruined due to obscured views.

Edited by Bohan

7 hours ago, Bohan said:

Security is standard pal, go any large scale event in London and you'll experience this.  I can understand it may be a bit daunting for people who aren't used to going to events in London or not used to security checks for gigs at locations such as The 02, Wembley Arena or any West End Theatre.

As for the venue as a whole, York Hall is Rev Pro's prestige venue used for all the year's major shows and I've never really had much of a problem with views.  I usually go for the 4th-6th rows and in all my year's of shows there harking back to FWA days I've never had my evening ruined due to obscured views.

I get that it's just my honest opinon I Been to places like the 02 and wembley many times and only been searched once on the way in maybe it's because i'm not tall lol ive also been going to shows since the FWA days and i've even provided the PA systems for a couple of FWA and LDN shows to help out Alex and Sanjay Bagga just giving my feedback as i would expect my customers to do in my business

• Paid Members

It's been a couple of years since I've been to York Hall, but I vaguely remember that you'd sometimes end up with the queue splitting into two streams as they got through the main doors, and then reconvening as they get into the main hall, so could it have just been miscommunication between venue staff as to whether people have been searched already?

I don't recall being searched twice any time I've been there - just the usual perfunctory bag check - but venue staff have always been a bit heavy-handed.

3 hours ago, westlondonmist said:

I wouldn't say the security is standard. I went to gigs at the Hammersmith Apollo and 02 last month and had no problems getting into the venue. I find the security at the York Hall tedious. It had put me off going to RPW shows to be honest. 

All other RPW shows at  other venues I have been to have been fine and the shows have been really good on a positive note 

• 1 year later...
  • Paid Members

How come nobody bothers updating this thread? Sure by nice to know if any other matches to Ospreay vs Pac had been announced for High Stakes without having to go on Twitter.

I.e. I can't be arsed.

• Paid Members

There haven't been any.

They were in Guildford last Friday, and have a show in Bristol coming up first, on the 27th, feat ELP vs Ospreay, Chris Brookes vs MK McKinnan and Shigehiro Irie vs Great O-Kharn.

I'll be at the Cockpit the Sunday after that too.

2 hours ago, gadge said:

There haven't been any.

They were in Guildford last Friday, and have a show in Bristol coming up first, on the 27th, feat ELP vs Ospreay, Chris Brookes vs MK McKinnan and Shigehiro Irie vs Great O-Kharn.

I'll be at the Cockpit the Sunday after that too.

Will Ospery in a handicap match? He’s not a lucky man is he?

• Paid Members
On 1/21/2019 at 7:23 PM, KRS said:

Has anyone but bought tickets for the Bristol show? I can see standing or seated tickets but no option for a seating plan. I haven't been to a UK show in a decade, where would standing be?

Motion in Bristol is a music venue, looks like a warehouse on Google. I imagine it'll be a few rows around the ring and standing around that, like say Fight Club Pro in Wolverhampton