• 4 weeks later...
  • Paid Members

Current Global Wars cards - night 1: 

Confirmed so far: 

Minoru Suzuki & Zack Sabre Jr Vs Hirooki Goto & Will Ospreay

Tetsuya Naito Vs Marty Scurll

Yuji Nagata Vs Zack Gibson

Keith Lee Vs Tomohiro Ishii

Rocky Romero & Yoshi-Hashi Vs CCK (Chris Brookes & Travis Banks)

Matt Riddle Vs El Desperado 

Plus: Toru Yano,  & much more!  

Night 2 confirmed so far (had to check social media as well as the website for this one):

Zack Sabre Jr vs Will Ospreay for the British Heavyweight Championship

Minoru Suzuki vs Matt Riddle 

Tomohiro Ishii Vs Dave Mastiff

Rocky Romero Vs (originally announced as Bubblegum)

Toru Yano vs Zack Gibson (!!)

El Desperado vs Ryan Smile 

PLUS: Yuji Nagata & much more!  

• 4 weeks later...
  • Paid Members

I really, really enjoyed myself at Global Wars night 1 yesterday. 

Tomohiro Ishii vs Keith Lee stole the show, though the Zack Sabre Jr & Minoru Suzuki vs Will Ospreay & Hirooki Goto main event delivered everything I'd been hoping for from it. 

Elsewhere, Naito vs Scurll was notable for both getting great reactions, Matt Riddle vs El Desperado started one sided but became a much better bout than I expected, Yuji Nagata gave Zack Gibson plenty before winning in the end, and CCK vs YOSHI-HASHI & Rocky Romero was fun too.

Yano and Gedo vs Chief Deputy Dunne & Lord Gideon Grey was short and silly, while Ryan Smile took the Cruiserweight title from Josh Bodom in a hot triple threat opener that had a couple of sticky moments but a satisfying conclusion. 

Excellent times. I'm quite jealous of those going to night 2 in Walthamstow tonight now.

Keith Lee v Ishii was amazing, probably best match I've seen in my short time going to shows (the other being Keith Lee v Daisuke Sekimoto at XWA a few months back, so... fuck yeah Keith Lee). Love those two to pieces.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Paid Members

Had a really good time at the Cockpit tonight. 

Most notably, 'Flash' Morgan Webster dethroned Ryan Smile as Cruiserweight champion, and Eddie Dennis turned up during RJ Singh vs Rob Lias when "he wasn't booked", and Andy Quildan eventually gave him a last big Rev Pro opportunity.. this Friday at Uprising vs Pete Dunne! That should be a cracker.

Full card

RPW British Heavyweight Championship match
Champion, Zack Sabre Jr [Suzuki-gun] Vs Matt Riddle

RPW British Tag Team Championship match
Champions, Moustache Mountain (Trent Seven & Tyler Bate) Vs Zack Gibson & Josh Bodom

RPW British Cruiserweight Championship Scramble match
Champion, “Flash” Morgan Webster Vs Ryan Smile Vs David Starr Vs Kurtis Chapman Vs El Phantasmo

ROH World Championship match
Champion, Cody Rhodes [BULLET CLUB] Vs Jay Lethal

WWE United Kingdom Champion, Pete Dunne Vs Eddie Dennis

Six Man Tag Team match
#CCK (Chris Brookes & Travis Banks) & Flip Gordon Vs BULLET CLUB (IWGP Junior-Heavyweight Champion, Marty Scurll & ROH Six Man Tag Team Champions, The Young Bucks (Matt & Nick Jackson))

Martin Stone Vs Dave Mastiff

Open Challenge
Jinny Vs ?

On 10/19/2017 at 3:52 AM, gadge said:

First time I have been to york hall would only go again if i could get front row or 2nd row floor tickets as any thing else would be a waste of time for me and my girlfriend which is a shame as i love revolution pro shows and have had no issues at any of there previous venues they use such as Walthamstow, Portsmouth or Reading show for Revolution Pro

Security are a bit of a jobs worth we got searched twice on the way in by two lots of security a bit pointless if they have already searched you once and it said doors open at 6pm we were at the meet and greet in the daytime so went to a weatherspoons pub before the evening show came back at 7pm and there was still a massive queue outside the venue waiting to be let in probably because of the jobs worth security the venue uses.

You could not see much sod all  from the 4th row from where we were sitting anytime the wrestler were on the mat or on the floor which was roughly around 50% of the night and had chris roberts the ref and a ring post blocking blocking some of our view not what you really pay for either though the ref has to stand somewhere.This was with a few people from the two rows in front of us standing up for the night as I guess they could not see either so in all you had I would estimate over 100 people standing around the whole venue all night when they paid for seats as they could not see.

Hopefully Andy and his team will choose better venues for everyone to have a chance to enjoy the show but i guess looking back at events I have not gone too they use York hall a lot or a positive note from the bits of the show i could see which again was around 50% it looked a good show for anyone that could see it all i am sure it was an amazing night

1200 people as sitting ducks in East London, I would hope the security is pretty tight. Perhaps a Bataclan style attack would be more likely than someone buying a ticket and doing something but still. Also they are used to running boxing there which may well attract a different sort of dodgy character which may influence their approach. Also the building is owned by Tower Hamlets council I believe so for liability reasons even if nothing is likely to happen they have to make sure they have every box ticked.

i don't have i issue with having security and even security doing a good job I do take issue too being searched twice in a row and people being held up with long queues by them when doors open at 6pm and you can't get in the venue till after 7pm that is bad security at that stage not security to keep us all safe