The Revolution Pro Wrestling Thread

Big Benny HG

Didn't like the Sabre Jr vs Scurll match. Almost as if they thought well Okada and Omega can do it why can't we. It just came across as dull. The false finishes came across as not believable, Scurll used a weapon in front of the ref. Many went for a piss or a drink mid match. I just wanted it to end. Far far too long.

I found the tag match confusing. Red and and Sterling are faces yet I think I was supposed to be jeering them. Was this because of a beret or because they faced War machine? Never seen War machone so i wouldnt cheer them above faces i know. Ruined the match dynamic also a notched powerbomb into opponent spot.

Oppener was ok. Feel like the interim title match is introduced to make Smile an Osprey replacement and Be on to fill void of either Dunne (who always loses anyway) or Scurll as he may be at ROH shows.

Lee vs Seven was fun. Really liked Riddle vs Shibata. Shibata is a great champ as he looks double hard and his look can make you forget this is not actually a sport. Also really into White vs Stone. White is great and he will have some awesome matches when he returns to njpw. It was a good Mic of toughness and technical. Also really liked Dunne vs Yoshi Hashi. Love both guys.

Show was hit and miss. 1at half only one match I would watch again but 2nd all worth seeing.

Air raid I agree with you about Scurll. To be honest a reason I wouldn't be sad to see him go is because the crowd reactions he gets can ruin his matches when watching live.

Edited by westlondonmist

• Paid Members

There was definitely a homophobic chant from one super loud bellend at one point. Couldn't tell you when it was though. Just remember finding it irritating. Don't remember anything xenophobic.

Anybody else hear xenophobic/homophobic chants during the Yoshi/Shibata matches? some reports on twitter of it

Nope, what was said?

No idea, I didn't hear anything myself or what was said. Bit disappointing if true though, that a new element to Rev Pro I don't like

Shame if people did. To be honest if you don't like the Japanese rev pro is not the place for you as they usually win. Unless you just want a place to vent your hate at Japanese people. Goto now announced for Epic encounter so 4 NJPW names announced already. Imagine if they get the Lucha brothers in to face the young bucks, that would be a big main event or big first act main event.

Who was the homophobia aimed at?

Edited by westlondonmist

• Paid Members

Not surprised. 4 of the 5 imports have not wrestled in RPW before and all 5 are very well known and popular wrestlers.

?????

KUSHIDA, Takahashi and Young Bucks have all wrestled for RevPro before.  All in York Hall, in fact.

Edited by Big Benny HG

• 2 months later...

Strickland and Angelico are both Lucha Underground guys, Angelico being the chap responsible for that massive dive from the top of the office that was making its way around the internet maybe a year or so back. Rush is a guy whom has been coming up a lot in ROH/CZW/EVOLVE, the fucker is tiny but can flip like nobodies business. All three are more than capable workers.

Very jealous of those attending, the card looks fantastic.