The Revolution Pro Wrestling Thread

Big Benny HG

• Paid Members

Yep, Live at the Cockpit was great fun last night, building as the show went along, from Sha Samuels and James Castle losing to trainees in under two minutes due to Sha not paying attention and Castle being rolled up for a flash pin, through Zack Gibson getting booed out of the building in his debut but quietly having a really good match with Trent Seven, to a couple of angles to advance the Scurll vs ZSJ heat ahead of High Stakes, and culminating in an insane PWG-esque 6 man tag.

It was a fantastic show. Loved every minute of it. If you live local to London you should really check out the cockpit shows, such great fun and hassle free.

What was with everyone having custom ring music? It was like they were on TV so had to resort to using rip off music to avoid paying royalty fees.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Paid Members

I've subscribed to the RevPro pivotshare streaming service recently as I couldn't attend either Global Wars nights and wanted to catch up before High Stakes tomorow. Both very enjoyable shows I thought.

As nonsensical as it is I got a real kick out of the thumb spot in the Liger Will match.

Only thing is every web browser I try it on plays the video at wierd frame rate except Microsoft Edge which plays it at the right speed but pixelates every ten seconds or so. Anyone else had this problem and found what to do about it?

As for High Stakes I'm pretty pumped. Got last minute tickets so the seats won't be great but off the back of WWEUKTC I couldn't miss it. The reaction Trent and Dunne will get will be banana.

To be honest I have found that comeing up closer to the show I have not found myself particuarly looking forward to it. I am sure it will be good but no stand out must see match for me. This may be because Global Wars had so many matches I wanted to see and was looking forward to, afraid the York Hall security is as bad as last time and also Epic Encounter has Hiromu Takahashi.

• Paid Members

I've subscribed to the RevPro pivotshare streaming service recently as I couldn't attend either Global Wars nights and wanted to catch up before High Stakes tomorow. Both very enjoyable shows I thought.

As nonsensical as it is I got a real kick out of the thumb spot in the Liger Will match.

Only thing is every web browser I try it on plays the video at wierd frame rate except Microsoft Edge which plays it at the right speed but pixelates every ten seconds or so. Anyone else had this problem and found what to do about it?

As for High Stakes I'm pretty pumped. Got last minute tickets so the seats won't be great but off the back of WWEUKTC I couldn't miss it. The reaction Trent and Dunne will get will be banana.

That seems to be a common problem people have with the Pivotshare-based services, even with very good internet speeds. I can get them to run quite well through the internet browser on Xbox One (which is a version of Edge, I believe), but do get that pixilation in certain parts of the screen quite often.

The general finding seems to be that the Pivotshare wrestling services (RevPro, PROGRESS, ICW, CZW, Highspots) work best on Roku devices, where they have their own app.  If you watch a lot of wrestling on demand it would be worth paying the £25-30 for one of those devices, but it's a pain that you should have to., and ironic that you can actually get RevPro shows to run better on the pirate streaming sites than you can through the official paid service.

• Paid Members

Ahh thanks for that. I thought I was going a bit mental when nothing I did seemed have much effect. That's real shame as I don't think I can justify the added expense for a service that doesn't work up to snuff.

Interestingly it plays absolutely perfectly on my Galaxy s6 and Galaxy Tab A 10.1.

Cheers for the heads up on the Roku. I might consider that.

How much would the likes of Dunne get for wrestling over here per match? I know they got the contract from WWE ( 16k wasn't it? ) but if they lose out on bookings through this it wouldn't be ideal unless of course the 16k is the same/more than they were already making per year

Edited by Kamaras-Tash

• Paid Members

I'm off to High Stakes today. York Hall isn't quite sold out this time, but I don't think it's a reflection on the card as much as how busy the scene has been recently.

The York Hall show after this is the Thursday before Good Friday in April. That weekend also looks busy, Fight Club Pro have shows in Wolverhampton, Manchester and London with Pentagon and Fenix from Lucha Underground announced, IPW:UK are running on Easter Monday..

Ahh thanks for that. I thought I was going a bit mental when nothing I did seemed have much effect. That's real shame as I don't think I can justify the added expense for a service that doesn't work up to snuff.

Interestingly it plays absolutely perfectly on my Galaxy s6 and Galaxy Tab A 10.1.

Cheers for the heads up on the Roku. I might consider that.

My cromecast works wonders streaming the Pivotshare on-demand services. Again a £20 or so investment but worth it.

• Paid Members

Really loved Shibata's defence against Riddle. Good job too, as the crowd were flat and so was a lot of the undercard.

It's split reaction on Twitter but Scurll vs Sabre Jr for me, at 41 minutes long, was excessive rubbish for the most part. The whole dynamic was wrong. The first 20 minutes were just boring. Then the last 8 minutes seemed designed to put heat on Chris Roberts. I just didn't get it.

Other things on the show I really liked: CCK (Chris Brookes and Travis Banks) attack on Redman and Sterling after their match with War Machine, a good, hard working bout between Martin Stone and Jay White, and the fun TNA/WWE dynamic in Trent Seven vs Trevor Lee.

• Paid Members

York Hall pisses me off so much cheering for Marty. He's a heel. He wants boos. If you love his work, boo. If you cheer him while he's working heel, he thinks you're a cunt.