The Revolution Pro Wrestling Thread

Big Benny HG

• Paid Members

Bethnal Green has a Travelodge, a Sainsbury's, a pub, and a place to buy dirty food after the show. I can't imagine wanting anything else from a wrestling trip.

• Paid Members

Ishii/Hero was so so good. Just a proper man fight. Really enjoyed Pete Dunne and Nagata too.

Looking forward to seeing Night 2. Rev Pro's On Demand was well worth it for a month just for these shows. Just a shame they're on pissing PivotShare like everyone else. Haven't found a browser yet that didn't have its own unique problem with the site.

• 2 weeks later...

High Stakes has been announced for Saturday 21st January. Zack Sabre Jr vs Marty Scurll, Best Friends, Bitter Enemies is the first match announced. Shibata is also back for the show.

Makes the most sense, building to it for a year now.

What time do Rev Pro shows usually start and finish?

Cockpit or York Hall? Cockpit around 8.30/9, last York Hall finished about 10.30 thanks to over zealous security.

• 4 weeks later...

Yoshi-hashi v Pete Dunnr has been announced for 21 January.

Not up on the Puro scene so dont know anything about Yoshi-hashi.

Mid carder in chaos. Made his g1 climax debut this year and had some good matches. He also tagged with Okada during the world tag league.

For some reason whenever I see him the words "big beats manifesto" pop into my head. 

Edited by westlondonmist

• Paid Members

Yoshi-Hashi has been designated jobber for Chaos for ages and this year developed a bit of a cult following so responded with some fiery performances including beating Kenny Omega in the early stages of the G1. Unfortunately New Japan's obsession with rematches meant that Kenny had to defend the WK11 title shot against him which was a waste of a match as nobody suspended their disbelief that Hash would win. He's certainly grown in stature and is quietly growing in popularity.

Full announced card to date ;

Rev Pro belto : Katsuyori Shibata VS Matt Riddle

Zack Sabre Jr VS Marty Scurll

Tag Team beltos : Redman & Garrett VS War Machine

Pete Dunne VS Yoshi-Hashi

Trent Seven VS Trevor Lee

Martin Stone VS Jay White

I'm going. Looking forward to it.

Edited by air_raid

• 2 weeks later...
  • Paid Members

was a really good show as usual the only downside I would say is the area walthamstow which is a real dump i stayed at a hotel there which was nice hotel but the highstreet town centre is a dive no nice restaurants or shops to go to between the meet and greet and main show so ended back at the hotel inbetween

Sorry, I've only just seen this, but for future reference if they do shows there again, if you do a bit of research there are loads of nice pubs and restaurants in Walthamstow. A 2 min walk from the Assembly Halls is The Bell, which is a lovely pub, near the station there is a load of new restaurants just opened including a Smokehouse, a lovely Thai restaurant, and Turtle Bay. Walthamstow Village is only a 5 min walk away and it is chocked with nice pubs and restaurants, as well as a brewery which has a bar. There are loads of nice shops near the high road, especially in the mall, and it has Europe's oldest and longest running outdoor market. Plenty to do.

Edited by mim731