The Revolution Pro Wrestling Thread

Big Benny HG

• Paid Members

So Meltzer says in this weeks Observer the plan was for Ospreay to go over, then a week before Vader changed his mind and said he would put him over in a rematch.

Classic. Wonder if Hogan told him to pull that old one? The rematch you can leave them waiting for, for about..... never.

What was the reaction to Vader all about? The intros popped up on YouTube and I watched it and it was pretty viscous. Had he bummed their Mums or something?

Ospreay is a hero to Rev:Pro militants and Vader said some unkind things about Willy's (admittedly bullshit) match with Ricochet. Called it dancing. Personally I thought most of the sequences were OK apart from simultaneous backflip pose (utter wank) and there was some no-selling which made me genuinely LOL. That was the problem - not the contrived sequences, but the fact Ospreay was doing a rana mere seconds after taking a DVD on the apron. Pair of wallies.

• Paid Members

Rev Pro have confirmed a show at Wrestlecon next year, 4pm on the Friday before Wrestlemania. Happily, that doesn't clash with Progress at the WWNLive venue at midday on the Friday.

Tickets go on sale at 10pm TONIGHT though.

I think a lot of rev pro fans would boast about that.

Link to a truely crucifying review

http://411mania.com/wrestling/views-from-the-hawkes-nest-rpw-uprising-2016/

This review is one of the many reasons I try to avoid reviews in general and make up my own opinion of a show. Maybe because I was there I have a clouded judgement but I must say I disagree with most of what was written. His review of Damo / Sha was way off the mark.

• Paid Members

What was the reaction to Vader all about? The intros popped up on YouTube and I watched it and it was pretty viscous. Had he bummed their Mums or something?

Ospreay is a hero to Rev:Pro militants and Vader said some unkind things about Willy's (admittedly bullshit) match with Ricochet. Called it dancing. Personally I thought most of the sequences were OK apart from simultaneous backflip pose (utter wank) and there was some no-selling which made me genuinely LOL. That was the problem - not the contrived sequences, but the fact Ospreay was doing a rana mere seconds after taking a DVD on the apron. Pair of wallies.

Cheers raider. I thought there must be something. Vader's clearly right. Bunch of nancy boys.

I think a lot of rev pro fans would boast about that.

Link to a truely crucifying review

http://411mania.com/wrestling/views-from-the-hawkes-nest-rpw-uprising-2016/

This review is one of the many reasons I try to avoid reviews in general and make up my own opinion of a show. Maybe because I was there I have a clouded judgement but I must say I disagree with most of what was written. His review of Damo / Sha was way off the mark.

I read reviews mainly to give me an idea what to look for. This one I think was very harsh, but Damo  vs Sha I feel was the worst match. Being at a show can cloud judgement, some matches look better than others tv wise and same when it comes to being at the show. 

• 2 weeks later...

For Global Wars so far we have

Both Nights:

Tetsuya Naito
Tomohiro Ishii
Michael Elgin
Sanada 
Bushi
Tomoaki Honma
Jushin Liger

Evil

Zack Sabre Jr
Marty Scull
Will Ospreay 
Chris Hero
Trent Seven

Night 1
Mark Haskins

Tyler Bate

Night 2

Drew Galloway

Having all 4 members of Los Ingobernables de Japon on the show, fantastic. I wonder how many other NJPW wrestlers will be over, last year 12 on each show (2 on each show were only on one night). If they have 4 more, who do people think they will be? I am hoping for Okada, Tanahashi, Kushida and Omega. However I am sure they said Shibata would be back this year. 

I still wouldn't rule them out, I think it would be odd for Okada not to come, especially as he is champion. Last year they brought their main 4 guys 9 (Okada, Tanahashi, AJ and Nakamura) so I would think they would not just have one of the main 4 this year with Naito, I think they have Omega and Okada also. I suppose I wouldn't be shocked if Gedo is on the card. I am curious as to what matches they will have, they have some top names. I hope they start naming some match ups soon. 

atsuyori Shibata
Tetsuya Naito
Tomohiro Ishii
Michael Elgin
Sanada
Bushi
Tomoaki Honma
Jushin Liger
Evil

Zack Sabre Jr
Marty Scull
Will Ospreay
Chris Hero
Trent Seven
Pete Dunne

Thursday Only:

Mark Haskins
Tyler Bate
Sha Samuels

Friday Only:

Drew Galloway
Charlie Garrett
Joel Redman

Only 2 matches announced. Night 1 Evil/Sanada and Naito vs Moustache Mountain and Haskins. Night 2 Dunne vs Ishii. 

Some are disappointed with the imports. Last year you had IWGP Heavyweight and IC title holders and Super Junior and G1 holders. 6 wrestlers were either current or previous IWGP champions (one of whom is now WWE champion and another NXT Champion), 3 previous Junior heavyweight champions and another former G1 and Openweight champion. This year 1 former champion, Super Junior holder and the current IC and Openweight champions. While it does still seem very strong as I cannot wait to see Sanada, Bushi and Evil, my favourite wrestler is Liger and Naito is awesome; it just seems like NJPW were not as interested and sent big names to a show in New Zealand and can understand people's disappointment. I think they need to announce some more matches soon. Neither show has sold out. While night 1 has sold out the first 5 rows, you can still get 2nd row for night 2. They need to get people excited. I am going to both but they have to realise they are competing against the Ring of Honor tour, a WWE tour and Fear and Loathing.