Shit adverts

Gus Mears

• Paid Members

Those Barclays lifeskills adverts were the absolute fucking worst. They might be aimed at teenagers but any half-intelligent person knows how to conduct themselves for crying out loud. Some just can't be arsed to do so.

If I was 16 again I would find these incredibly insulting.

I disagree, I think younger generations are becoming more socially inept and I don't think it's (not always anyway) a case of them being lazy. There's a lot more social anxiety in the average youth these days and I think the over reliance of technology to communicate is a huge reason for this. It's to easy to dismiss this as 'oh well, it's their choice to use technology instead' but they kind of know no different. It's the culture.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Those Barclays lifeskills adverts were the absolute fucking worst. They might be aimed at teenagers but any half-intelligent person knows how to conduct themselves for crying out loud. Some just can't be arsed to do so.

If I was 16 again I would find these incredibly insulting.

I disagree, I think younger generations are becoming more socially inept and I don't think it's (not always anyway) a case of them being lazy. There's a lot more social anxiety in the average youth these days and I think the over reliance of technology to communicate is a huge reason for this. It's to easy to dismiss this as 'oh well, it's their choice to use technology instead' but they kind of know no different. It's the culture.

Oh absolutely, I don't think anyone should be insulted by those adverts because they are clearly needed.

I actually have an example of this which fits nicely.

You see a lot of this at a poker table, like 90% of those under the age of about 25 don't know how to conduct themselves. In that they are incredibly shy, distant and have no idea how to actually interact with others. All because they spent their whole poker life online, not actually live with people. It's similar to how people spend their time on the Internet interacting with people instead of in real life.

Yes there's always going to be those who don't need it, but If it helps more than it harms (which it should do if taken on board) then it's a great thing.

Speaking well and conducting yourself in a professional manner is more important than actual exam results for a lot of employers.

Now onto mine. Its Up Your Bingo - A fairly obvious one, which is so shit I used to change channel when it came on. The bit at the end when she says "are you saying I'm fat" is supposed to make people laugh. I'm sure of it!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?app=desktop&persist_app=1&v=5TP4gCWiKHo

• Moderators

Everyone says the old days were a great time for ads but they are lying.

An overcooked advert with Reg Dwight for the Cadbury's range - 

The most Of It's Time drink ever, Bezique.

Ross Kemp likes Cereal

• Paid Members

I love that Ross Kemp one!  "Apples, hazelnuts, bananas, raisins, coconuts, sultanas".

Quidco

This advert single handedly manages to destroy the idea that black guys are good dancers. Decades of myth-making destroyed in 30, unrelentingly painful, seconds.

Archived