WrestleMania XXXI Discussion thread *SPOILERS*

IANdrewDiceClay

With them pushing Cena vs Rusev to Fastlane what do we think the plans are for Mania? Obviously they can put Rusev over at Fastlane then let Cena pin him at Mania put my thinking was they might look to push Cena up the card with the possible lack of Undertaker and star power in general.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think Rusev will destroy Cena at Fastlane and the story will be Cena questioning whether he still has 'it' etc heading into WrestleMania for a rematch, which he'll win of course. Im fine with that as well, as long as after WrestleMania Rusev is still booked strong.

I think Undertaker is doing WrestleMania, Bray Wyatts promo on Smackdown seemed like a hint to me that he's heading for a showdown with Undertaker.

• Paid Members

I think Rusev will destroy Cena at Fastlane and the story will be Cena questioning whether he still has 'it' etc heading into WrestleMania for a rematch, which he'll win of course.

Cena's character never questions if he has "it". He usually pisses himself laughing after a loss the following night. Probably looking at a DQ for one of them, and a rematch.

Agreed. That sounds too much like character development / telling a story for them to actually do it.

• Paid Members

I definitely think they've done "is John Cena the same man he used to be after *blank* happened" haven't they?

(Says something to the hollowness of the character that I can't pinpoint at at all when I'm thinking of.)

• Paid Members

The commentators tried to act in the wake of of his domination by Lesnar at SummerSlam that Cena was never going to be the same again. However, in every subsequent televised appearance, Cena was exactly the same again, forever.

How many dates is Lesnar actually contracted for per year? 3 is the number that I remember hearing a lot, but I think he wrestled 4 times lat year if you include the 2 minute squash against Big Show at the Royal Rumble 2014. Right now he's wrestled once at RR and his next match is scheduled for WM against Reigns. Meanwhile his contract expires the day after mania. So what are the chances of a 3rd and final date being a title rematch on the raw after WM?

We don't know how many appearances he's contracted to (apparently more than they use though), but for matches it's 4 per year on his current contract, I think.

Apr 2013-Apr 2014: Extreme Rules vs HHH, SummerSlam vs Punk, Rumble vs Show, Mania vs Taker.

Apr 2014-Apr 2015: SummerSlam vs Cena, Night of Champions vs Cena, Rumble triple threat, Mania vs Reigns.

• Paid Members

Meltzer is saying it's tentatively Brock vs Roman vs Bryan now.

As much as I'm glad they're not being tone deaf and are moving Bryan into a more prominent role for the show, surely the money is in Roman vs Rollins for the belt and Brock vs Bryan. I know that leaves Orton out in the cold but does that really matter at this point?

Archived