WrestleMania XXXI Discussion thread *SPOILERS*

IANdrewDiceClay

My main worry for Reigns vs Lesnar is how they can make me believe Roman can actually beat the guy. Watching the Triple Threat made me believe Lesnar to be utterly unstoppable - they've really got to go back to smash-Reigns-smash for him to even have a hope. Even with that, it's all in the first thirty seconds of the match. If Brock gets the first move in, he's won, I don't care who you are!

This is the most interesting thing for me. The great thing about Brock is that he's not booked like anyone else in the ring so for him to be defeated by Reigns they will have to really book it right to make me believe, pun intended, that he can be beaten. The downfall being that if they get it wrong then it'll be really really shit.

All that does make me wonder if we'll get a Heyman double cross with a Rollins cash in at Mania somehow keeping Reigns and Brock looking super strong whilst allowing Reigns to chase Rollins throughout the summer. It's probably more likely to happen on Raw though and letting Reigns have his moment at the big one.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Fantasy wank mode alert  :nerd:

Make the main event a WWE title vs career match. Everybody thinks the result is in the bag but have Lesnar shock the world again and beat Reigns.

Rollins cashes in MITB on Lesnar on the post-Wrestlemania Raw in front of that crowd for the biggest pop this side of a bottle of lemonade (sorry).

Have a Bryan vs Rollins feud over the title to make Rollins proper.

A month after Wrestlemania, The Authority reinstate Reigns and he aligns himself with them. Eventually he breaks away in Batista fashion and goes clean over Hunter at Summerslam or Wrestlemania 32.

Seth Rollins cashing in at Wrestlemania....there's your Wrestlemania moment

This would make Reigns look like Sheamus 2.0 and is unlikely as Mania has had very few finishes in which the heel went over. The Miz and Triple H (2000) are the only ones I can think of and they didn't really work anyway. Rollins cashing in will be ace when it finally happens but I don't think Mania is the right stage. He is so good as a heel right now that they are best to leave that to later in the year.

This would make Reigns look like Sheamus 2.0 and is unlikely as Mania has had very few finishes in which the heel went over. The Miz and Triple H (2000) are the only ones I can think of and they didn't really work anyway. Rollins cashing in will be ace when it finally happens but I don't think Mania is the right stage. He is so good as a heel right now that they are best to leave that to later in the year.

Backlash 2000 drew shitloads so I'd say Triple H retaining worked very well

This would make Reigns look like Sheamus 2.0 and is unlikely as Mania has had very few finishes in which the heel went over. The Miz and Triple H (2000) are the only ones I can think of and they didn't really work anyway. Rollins cashing in will be ace when it finally happens but I don't think Mania is the right stage. He is so good as a heel right now that they are best to leave that to later in the year.

Backlash 2000 drew shitloads so I'd say Triple H retaining worked very well

It did but 2000 will always be one of the least memorable Mania's. Backlash drew well because it featured what should have been the main event at Mania - Rock winning the title vs Triple H.

Money in the Bank has never been cashed in at WrestleMania and I really feel that there's a high chance it could be this year. In 2013 Ziggler was close when he cashed in on the Raw following WrestleMania 29 but I just think they will have a shock and have Reigns having his WrestleMania moment cut short by his former partner cashing in and making it his WresleMania moment. It would really make sense too with both men being in the Shield together and I actually do like the idea of Heyman turning on Brock but I can't see it happening, but if it did happen it would just make Rollins cashing in even more interesting, or even have Heyman turn on Brock and then totally shock everyone again by turning on Reigns and aligning himself with Rollins. They could then go down the route of Reigns being used as a swerve for their real hand picked Champion, if you remember Corporate Kane helped him to win the Money in the Bank match and even held the ladder for him so they could say that was the plan all along. Then there's a good feud for the Title there with an awesome history to it, you could even bring Ambrose into it then and all three guys in The Shield are feuding for the Title, plus their new Shield DVD and Blu Ray set would have only just come out a month or two before this so they could promote this along with the feud.

Archived