having things spoilt for you - MAY CONTAIN SPOILERS

Slapnuts

Get over yourselves. You tell me to get a grip but you both slept on it and can't stop thinking about my posts. Yeah they were a little stupid, but for the millionth time for all of you who clearly have a problem with reading and retaining information, I was only quoting forum rules.

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

I have it all the time, I generally miss Raw on a Monday night (student, going out, get in, sleep) and use Facebook as a messaging tool to keep up with friends, family, work groups so logging in Tuesday morning and having my entire feed be people's feedback on Raw.

Taker got technically ruined for me last WM too. Was watching it live in town in fancy dress, won a quiz, won a lot of free beer, didn't make it to the Taker match. Was dressed as him and had a picture of it online. Got a message the next morning just saying "It's all your fault!" instantly knew he'd lost, though I kinda expected it and wished I was there to see people's reactions.

My mate was terrible for this at one point. I'd ask him, without spoiling anything, if he'd seen last night's PPV, and he's reply with "yeah it was absolutely shit", which 99% of the time meant one of our favourites lost. Just as bad as giving away the actual result.

The worst was when Brock returned in 2012. Cena was cutting his promo in the ring and there had been rumors rife for a while about Brock returning. So I was watching the show while also browsing Twitter and the WWE's twitter account posted a photo of Brock backstage captioned with 'Look who just showed up'. Completely took away any sort of suspense in regards to his return. It was still awesome to see but it really pissed me off that the WWE spoiled it for so many fans.

• Paid Members

I love that this, a wrestling forum, is a much safer place to come than FB, Twitter, or even leaving the house after a big event. Whether the rules are enforced or not, this forum is pretty great for policing itself on spoilers. You can come here for days without entering the relevant topic and not get spoiled - it's on you if you do.

The worst one I can remember was New Year's Revolution 2006. This was back in the day when I still used a VCR, but it was on its last legs and would often take an age to rewind a tape. So I'd taped New Year's Revolution and was looking forward to watching it the next morning.

I let the tape rewind for about 10 minutes then pressed play to make sure it had recorded as planned. I was greeted by a tape that had rewound about 3 minutes in the 10 minutes I'd let it run for, and the image of Edge celebrating his Money in the Bank cash-in. I was raging, I'd just had the first genuine surprise WWE had pulled off in years ruined by an old piece of shit VCR. I'd like to say I threw the fucker out the window but I know I used it again for both the Rumble and Mania before getting a DVR in the summer. I wasn't too pissed off in truth, I fucking loved Edge.

• Awards Moderator

I love that this, a wrestling forum, is a much safer place to come than FB, Twitter, or even leaving the house after a big event. Whether the rules are enforced or not, this forum is pretty great for policing itself on spoilers. You can come here for days without entering the relevant topic and not get spoiled - it's on you if you do.

We went through some bloody tough times to get to this point though. The day after Survivor Series 2002 the homepage's most recent topic trailed: "Big Show beats Brock for the title. Why did Heyman screw him?" Remember Raw was also on a Friday meaning spoiler talk was embargoed for nearly a week, it was hell!

I once googled wm reply times for 25 I think and found a sky page. The times were there but also the fucking results!

I also spoiled the rumble a few years ago. Agreed to box office the replay at a mates. Then the Tuesday afternoon he starts texting saying can't do it for some reason I can't remember but just basically reigning on plans several of us had mad. Looked like it wouldn't happen I got pissed off and looked at the results. About 15 minutes later he texts its back on

• Paid Members

What are your stories of having stuff spoilt? Be it your fault, others fault, internet news etc etc.

I once had a PPV spoiled for me when I went onto a wrestling forum and looked at the discussion thread concerning that PPV ten minutes after it finished. But it wasn't my fault, it was because there weren't spoiler warnings in the thread title.

Quality.

I just spat my Cherry Pepsi Max over my monitor! Top work

What are your stories of having stuff spoilt? Be it your fault, others fault, internet news etc etc.

I once had a PPV spoiled for me when I went onto a wrestling forum and looked at the discussion thread concerning that PPV ten minutes after it finished. But it wasn't my fault, it was because there weren't spoiler warnings in the thread title.

Quality.

Hope it's not too expensive to replace. What you really mean is, "I laughed to myself whilst sat on my own at the computer."

• Paid Members

Quality.

Hope it's not too expensive to replace. What you really mean is, "I laughed to myself whilst sat on my own at the computer."

i laughed to myself - yes, i was not laughing at anyone sat next to me 

Sat on my own at the computer - As opposed to sitting with multiple people around a computer? You are a strange little man.

I am going to say it. I dont think you are Brill. But you are good for a ribbing! 

Quality.

i laughed to myself - yes, i was not laughing at anyone sat next to me 

Sat on my own at the computer - As opposed to sitting with multiple people around a computer? You are a strange little man.

I am going to say it. I dont think you are Brill. But you are good for a ribbing! 

My name isn't Neil, you pleb, the mod neil gave me this name in one of the name change threads. You didn't spit fluid all over a monitor that's plugged in, unless you're as thick as Dean Ambrose.

I get the suspicion that you aren't really a dish of soap, if we're nitpicking a fucking screen name of all things.

And it isn't even a ripping any more, it was a ripping at the time when I was banging on about spoilers. Two days after it was all said and done, it's just being dragged on by people who keep letting it play on their minds. I was hoping when Butchi addressed it, that would be the end of it, but nope, people just pick at things all the time.

Archived