having things spoilt for you - MAY CONTAIN SPOILERS

Slapnuts

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Moderators

Well your friend must've not been watching regular as Hogan wasn't even in the tournament.  Apart from the odd UK Rampage exclusive, WrestleMania 8 and WrestleMania 9 were the only PPV's to be aired live on Sky before it became a regular thing from Survivor Series 94. 

Wrestlemania III was I think (PAGING LISTER) and I'm pretty sure Royal Rumble 1991 was as a double bill with No Holds Barred.

• Paid Members

I'll never forget a thread title the night after Survivor Series 2002 entitled "So the Big Show won the belt last night I see ..."

Yeah, I remember that. Wouldn't have remembered which forum I saw it on. I used to read this one for ages before I got the bottle to post.

• Paid Members

I got two of these stories. Both from college. Neither are interesting.

The morning after Survivor Series 1999 I went up to a mate that I'd known from school who had gotten into the habit of staying up to watching the PPV even though we had college the morning after, which I had only done once, for Over The Edge that same year (yeah). So I went up to him with a view to try and tell him not to ruin anything and stupidly just asked "Did you watch it?" to which he replied "I fell asleep and when I woke up Big Show was the champion!!!"

The afternoon after WrestleMania 16, I had a lesson with a lad who I wasn't particularly mates with, but I talked to in this class and I knew he was into the WWF too. I just asked "Did you stay up and watch it?" and he just blurted out "No, but I know Triple H won." So yeah, I had learned to preface such an opening gambit with "Don't tell me anything BUT......"

Those are the only two times I've had anything spoiled accidentally. I told you neither was interesting.

My sister doesn't seem to understand the concept of spoilers. She'll happily explain the whole plot, including any twists, then finish with 'you should watch it!' How can they not see it ruins the enjoyment?

I also had a friend who had told me he had watched Saw 2, then watched it a few weeks later with me, forgot he had previously told me he had seen it, and went on to 'guess' the twists a good 10 minutes before they happened. Bellend.

I'm usually very vigilant with my online use on Mondays after PPVs. No Facebook or anything wrestling related until I've watched it.

However, because I work for Sky, I am perpetually terrified about getting some smark on the phone demanding a Box Office refund because they were unhappy about the PPV for some reason.

TNA's Facebook were the worst for spoilers. I remember they spoilt Aries beating Roode for the title minutes after the bell rang.

• Paid Members

Well your friend must've not been watching regular as Hogan wasn't even in the tournament.  Apart from the odd UK Rampage exclusive, WrestleMania 8 and WrestleMania 9 were the only PPV's to be aired live on Sky before it became a regular thing from Survivor Series 94. 

Wrestlemania III was I think (PAGING LISTER) and I'm pretty sure Royal Rumble 1991 was as a double bill with No Holds Barred.

I vaguely recall WMIII might have been live on some sort of local cable PPV rather than live on Sky, but that's only going by what I remember other people saying. WrestleMania 6 was live as well. Don't remember Rumble 1991.

Archived