having things spoilt for you - MAY CONTAIN SPOILERS

Slapnuts

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I get the suspicion that you aren't really a dish of soap, if we're nitpicking a fucking screen name of all things.

:laugh: Fantastic.

On topic, I used to have a mate (key words: used to) that would constantly come to school and just yell things like, "Yeah!!! Undertaker!!!" at me when he had a big match, letting me know he won it.

Narrowly avoided getting the Rumble spoiled this year, I was planning to watch it at night and spend the day doing work stuff, but last minute I said, "Screw it, I'll watch live." Not two minutes after the main event, I was tagged on Facebook in a post telling me who won the Rumble. If I had stuck to my original plan, I would have been severely pissed.

• Paid Members

Back on topic, I have removed WWE from Facebook as they would ruin PPVs and Raw's as they happened so Monday/Tuesday mornings were a no go. Also, the App sends results as well so those alerts were taken off.

I remember the days when the news came from teletext, magazines and premium phone number and was 3 months behind!

Undertaker loses at WM was one of them. I was gutted

Trying to avoid spoilers and going on the internet is like trying to stay dry and going for a swim. 

Not really you only have to avoid anything wrestling related. And social media like Twitter and Facebook. 

What are your stories of having stuff spoilt? Be it your fault, others fault, internet news etc etc.

I once had a PPV spoiled for me when I went onto a wrestling forum and looked at the discussion thread concerning that PPV ten minutes after it finished. But it wasn't my fault, it was because there weren't spoiler warnings in the thread title.

Quality.

I just spat my Cherry Pepsi Max over my monitor! Top work

Hope it's not too expensive to replace. What you really mean is, "I laughed to myself whilst sat on my own at the computer."

i laughed to myself - yes, i was not laughing at anyone sat next to me 

Sat on my own at the computer - As opposed to sitting with multiple people around a computer? You are a strange little man.

I am going to say it. I dont think you are Brill. But you are good for a ribbing! 

My name isn't Neil, you pleb, the mod neil gave me this name in one of the name change threads. You didn't spit fluid all over a monitor that's plugged in, unless you're as thick as Dean Ambrose.

I get the suspicion that you aren't really a dish of soap, if we're nitpicking a fucking screen name of all things.

And it isn't even a ripping any more, it was a ripping at the time when I was banging on about spoilers. Two days after it was all said and done, it's just being dragged on by people who keep letting it play on their minds. I was hoping when Butchi addressed it, that would be the end of it, but nope, people just pick at things all the time.

Honestly, a one liner and a couple of replies complimenting it are getting you really far too wound up. You said in another thread that you probably need to take some time off and judging by how thin-skinned you are about this you may well be right.

That Facebook Top Stories thing has got me a few times, I never remember about the fact that it exists and that WWE stuff is so often on there!  Still boggles my mind how spoiler-tastic WWE's own App Notifications are, what the hell are they thinking?!  WWE themselves are usually okay on Facebook, generally going with that "find out who won by watching the replay" schtick...

My mum spoilt the end of last years Wrestlemania for me, bless her. I don't have Sky HD so I always order Wrestlemania (the only PPV I pay for) round my parents house, take the morning off work and sit round there and watch it on their big ol' TV in glorious High Def. Now normally she would be at work but for some reason last year she wasn't. Now having had me living in the house up until about 10 years ago she knows who the likes of The Undertaker are, Triple H, The Rock etc. She also would be able to recognise "that nice looking one with the tattoos" (Randy Orton) and "that big bloke with the veins" (Batista).

Remember that Daniel Bryan had to beat Triple H to get added to the main event...

So I turn up there and settle down to watch, she walks in and says "I saw a bit of the end, I just wanted to check it recorded ok"

So I say "ok mum, that's enough, don't tell me anything, or you will ruin it"

She replies "Its OK, I couldn't tell you anything anyway, it was just some scruffy bloke who I have never seen before, no idea who he was"

Cheers mum.

• Paid Members

My mum spoilt the end of last years Wrestlemania for me, bless her. I don't have Sky HD so I always order Wrestlemania (the only PPV I pay for) round my parents house, take the morning off work and sit round there and watch it on their big ol' TV in glorious High Def. Now normally she would be at work but for some reason last year she wasn't. Now having had me living in the house up until about 10 years ago she knows who the likes of The Undertaker are, Triple H, The Rock etc. She also would be able to recognise "that nice looking one with the tattoos" (Randy Orton) and "that big bloke with the veins" (Batista).

Remember that Daniel Bryan had to beat Triple H to get added to the main event...

So I turn up there and settle down to watch, she walks in and says "I saw a bit of the end, I just wanted to check it recorded ok"

So I say "ok mum, that's enough, don't tell me anything, or you will ruin it"

She replies "Its OK, I couldn't tell you anything anyway, it was just some scruffy bloke who I have never seen before, no idea who he was"

Cheers mum.

Mum's are magical right!? I mean, as your watching the product you are highly likely to know who that scruffy bloke is, but she would not even think that her saying that could possibly spoil it for you!

Mothers and wrestling could be a whole new topic. We didn't have Sky in our house until late 1999 so my aunty would tape random shows and give them to me. One of the shows was the week before the Higher Power reveal.

I came home from school one day and my mother told me It was Vince. It turns out she knew this because a saleswoman knocked on the door to try and sell something and they somehow got onto the conversation of wrestling. I still chuckle over the potential discussion in my head.

Mothers and wrestling could be a whole new topic. We didn't have Sky in our house until late 1999 so my aunty would tape random shows and give them to me. One of the shows was the week before the Higher Power reveal.

I came home from school one day and my mother told me It was Vince. It turns out she knew this because a saleswoman knocked on the door to try and sell something and they somehow got onto the conversation of wrestling. I still chuckle over the potential discussion in my head.

My nan referred to wrestling as WCW~! a couple of years back. WCW! "Can you remember how big that WCW used to be?"

And I was a WWF fan!

• Paid Members

There used to be a lad at our primary school who tried to convince us he had a dish that could pick up USA Network at home (obviously not knowing that PPV's weren't shown on that), and tried to convince us he'd seen the PPV the night before when arriving at school on a Monday morning. These were the days before Sky showed PPV's live and were usually on a Tuesday night. Of course, all the results were bollocks.

Hulk Hogan won the 1993 King of the Ring apparently...

Well your friend must've not been watching regular as Hogan wasn't even in the tournament.  Apart from the odd UK Rampage exclusive, WrestleMania 8 and WrestleMania 9 were the only PPV's to be aired live on Sky before it became a regular thing from Survivor Series 94. 

Archived