having things spoilt for you - MAY CONTAIN SPOILERS

Slapnuts

There was a period of time (thinking 2005-2006) that I missed for whatever reason, a few years after I picked up the ppv DVDs on the cheap from CEX or similar  place where they don't even bother wiping the blood off..

Each DVD started up with an un skippable advert for the following PPV , showing challengers from the show I was about to watch raising championships. In the end had to resort to turning it on and running away for a while

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

I keep logging into NJPWWorld a few days after the shows to catch up, and every time I do I'm greeted by a picture of whoever the champion is.

I had it recently with the Great Balls of Fire main event. I was doing a bunch of shifts at work earlier in the week so wasn't able to watch it until the Thursday. I stayed away from websites that might have had the result, stayed out of any relevant topics on here etc. So I sits down to watch it on the PS4 and no sooner has the bell rung for the Wyatt/Rollins opener...it skips to the last five seconds of the show and there's Lesnar with the belt. Sure it was the result I imagined it would be, but you just never know. I'd never had any skipping issues with the network on PS4 before, and the one time I avoid a result for any length of time and it went & fucked up. It kept skipping to the same point no matter how many times I tried to watch the show, had to resort to watching through chromecast in the end

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • Paid Members

Is there not usually some kind of unwritten rule of spoilers where you can't post untagged spoilers for a couple of days after things happen? I don't mean on here, I just mean as a general rule of society?

There should be a general rule in society that if you don't want you favourite soap ruined before you've had a chance to watch it then you don't specifically go into threads that discuss what's happening in soaps.

Once it's aired it's open to discussion I'd think (especially in that thread), unless there's a specific rule against it.  So the dopey prick did nothing wrong I'd say.

Maybe in just a general movie thread I'd say it's out of line to post untagged spoilers for the 1st week or so at least of the release of a film as not everyone is obviously going to be able to see it at the same time etc

But Soaps I think are fine to be discussed on airing, I mean the Damn things are on practically every day, the thread would just end up completly Spoiler Tagged if you can't discuss the latest airing without them until a few days after broadcast.

I certainly wouldn't of entered the thread if I was that bothered about seeing something unspoilered, I deliberately avoid the Raw/Smackdown threads and stay of Facebook and Twitter until I've seen each show.

Archived