having things spoilt for you - MAY CONTAIN SPOILERS

Slapnuts

Seems an obvious topic for a thread so apologies if this has been spoken about before.

So Rumble was last night....I haven't seen it, was planning on watching the replay on the Network channel tonight at 8. (I don't know why I like the idea of catching the replay as opposed to on demand. I guess it's because I'm old school yeah) but anyway, a neighbour that doesn't watch the product, knows I like wrestling and said, in such a way (smug) that it was obvious he knew something. I told him to stop, I hadn't seen it yet. The he does this

raises his hand aloft ala The Rock

. Nothing else, just that. I felt like punching the idiot.

There's a chance that my neighbours actions doesn't necessarily give the rumble winner away but

even an appearance from The Rock

would count as a huge spoiler none the less.

It's ruined my morning for sure. I'm in a bad mood now deffo.

This neighbour has ruined things for in the past too but never PPV moments. Things like the Rock & Rusev moment etc. I've had things ruined by Facebook pages in the past also, but that'll be my fault for even going on Facebook that day. In previous jobs I've had annoying colleges that don't appreciate "it's still real to us dammit" (seriously though, spoiling wrestling is not the same as spoiling the end of a movie. It's far far worse). Even the news that 

The Rock was in Philly

annoyed me. I get that was prior to the event so technically It cant even be a spoiler but I just wish I hadn't seen that bit of news. 

What are your stories of having stuff spoilt? Be it your fault, others fault, internet news etc etc. 

I probably wont come back to this thread until after I watch it tonight. Just incase of spoilers ya know. I just needed to vent I guess. Cheers guys and girls (<---I know)

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

The most obvious one I ever had was WM14. I used to get tapes off my mate a couple of days after the shows. Avoiding spoilers was easy then because he was the only other person I knew who watched. Unfortunately I went into the print shop where I was doing work experience (prob Tuesday morning) and they had all the papers. Austin & Tyson where on loads of the fuckers.

Mostly just from WWE's Facebook. I'd be bored waiting for the bus to work on a Tuesday morning, go onto Facebook and sure enough, the fuckers have loads of updates in my news feed about Raw results. I nearly had the Brodus Clay Funkasaurus debut ruined for me that way, but I closed my phone's browser before seeing much.

The worst one, I ruined for myself. For some reason, the morning after the 2008 Royal Rumble, I either decided not to download a torrent of it, or the one I downloaded didn't work or something. I know I'd watched the undercard matches, and I don't think I bought the PPV. Maybe I'd watched a live stream on the night until the start of the Rumble before sleeping and that's why I didn't want to bother downloading the whole show. Anyway, my great scheme to avoid spoilers and watch the Rumble match was to type Royal Rumble match 2008 into Youtube's search. The first million results were variations on JOHN CENA RETURNS AND WINS ROYAL RUMBLE 2008.

• Paid Members

I spoilt it for myself more often than not unfortunately.

I was never one of those who was able to not check the football scores and wait for Match of the Day, and its the same with Wrestling really.  In all honestly, I read a lot more about wrestling than I actually watch these days and have been reading spoilers for as long as I've had internet access.

• Paid Members

Undertaker loses at WM was one of them. I was gutted

If there's one match I'm glad I watched live, it was this. Trying to avoid spoilers and going on the internet is like trying to stay dry and going for a swim. 

I know i should have known better but checking facebook in the morning is almost automatic to me. Right after it i got ad block, still totally gutted.

• Paid Members

I had a course for my work starting at 8am the morning after WM30 so I fully intended to avoid this place and all sorts of social media and news sites and I was successful. Got a text from my work mate about an hour in to my course with a photo of his bet slip, followed my the words "ya fuckin beauty", he had stuck £20 on a Lesnar win a few days before.

The realisation that I had missed, live, probably the most shocking moment in wrestling history was only made worse when I realised a minute later that I wouldn't even get to experience the shock of it when I watched it later. It was a strange feeling, kinda made me feel like a kid again in a way that for the first time in years I was genuinely gutted by something in wrestling.

The next day he thought I was joking when I gave him abuse for it, especially cause the prick knew that I was on that course and there would be no way that I could have stayed up to watch it.

I remember in school telling one of my mates "I haven't watched No Way Out (2000) yet, don't tell me who wins (hell in a cell HHH vs Foley), so he's quiet all day and I'm there ready to go home and watch it because I taped it and he says "Triple H won", what a twat! I've had plenty of little things spoiled from Raw by going on Twitter/Facebook but I try to stay off them.

Royal Rumble, 2007.

It was the first show I'd ordered on Box Office, and didn't know that the show was repeated for a fortnight. So, I booked Tuesday off work, planned to watch the 3pm showing.

Alarm goes off at 7a.m so my now-wife would get ready for work. Chris Moyles comes on, and he's mid-way through discussing watching wresting, and how he was supposed to go and watch it, but didn't. Then announced 'it was okay, the Undertaker wins it'.

I woke up Mrs Grecian by calling Chris Moyles a cunt very loudly.

I remember in school telling one of my mates "I haven't watched No Way Out (2000) yet, don't tell me who wins (hell in a cell HHH vs Foley), so he's quiet all day and I'm there ready to go home and watch it because I taped it and he says "Triple H won", what a twat! I've had plenty of little things spoiled from Raw by going on Twitter/Facebook but I try to stay off them.

I like your mates style.

• Paid Members

Most unfortunate I've seen was the day after UFC 71 when I sent an e-mail to AstroHollywood that didn't mention the show at all, but did contain the word "UFC" in it for unconnected reasons. Gmail promptly showed him the e-mail along with an advert along the lines of "Jackson Stuns Liddell, buy the replay now!"

• Paid Members
What are your stories of having stuff spoilt? Be it your fault, others fault, internet news etc etc.

I once had a PPV spoiled for me when I went onto a wrestling forum and looked at the discussion thread concerning that PPV ten minutes after it finished. But it wasn't my fault, it was because there weren't spoiler warnings in the thread title.

• Paid Members

I once had a PPV spoiled for me when I went onto a wrestling forum and looked at the discussion thread concerning that PPV ten minutes after it finished. But it wasn't my fault, it was because there weren't spoiler warnings in the thread title.

Quality.

Archived