The UK's next up and coming/unsigned Superstars?

LWOLeN

The UK have produced amazing pro wrestling superstars in the past decades.

From the British Bulldog to Spud, and from WIlliam Regal to Barrett,

We all knew PAC was going to be a star eventually. Guys like Martin Stone, Mark Haskins, Joel Redman and Zack Sabre Jr have been doing great for years also.

My picks:

Marty Scurll

00004255_2014_Marty%20Scurll_Europa.jpg

The star of WrestleTalk TV has been making waves throughout Europe for years now. He had his chance in TNA and still has a big chance to make it in my book. In the past years he wrestled stars like: Alberto Del Rio, Magnus, Chris Hero, Christopher Daniels, Shelton Benjamin, Brodus Clay, Prince Devitt etc..

00014028_2014_Will%20Ospreay_Europa.jpg

WIll Ospreay

This guy is amazing and is already booked to wrestle AJ Styles and John Morrison in the next months.

So who do you think will break out next?

Will Osprey is amazing. If TNA survives then surely he'd be a shoe in for the X Division with Mark Andrews.

My pick would be Tyler Bate. I've seen him have some blinding matches last year. This man can wrestle and being quite young there's a lot more to come from him.

• Paid Members

Not a big fan of Scrull, just haven't got the hype for a good few years.

I remember thinking he looked a bit out of his depth on some of the dragon gate shows over here too to be honest, just my opinion.

On top of that was the worst knee drops I've ever seen on one show, painful.

El Ligero is fantastic and unbelievably versatile. Just fantastic in any environment.

• Paid Members

Ospreay is absolutely going to be a star, but I reckon he'll go the Japan route with Dragon Gate and the like.

For someone WWE could pick up, there's a guy called Charlie Garrett starting to appear in more and more places that is everything they would want: young guy, good size, good look and tremendous athletic ability. He's a bit green but has all the tools to be moulded into a superstar.

There's a lad knocking around a few of the local Yorkshire promotions who wrestles as Liam Lazarus/Liam Slater who I would pick to break out on more of a national level on the domestic scene over the next couple of years. He tends to do the tired old "Hey, look how WACKY and OUTRAGEOUS I am" gimmick at the moment, which will only take him so far, but he has bags of potential.

If Charlie Garrett continues at the pace he's going I really think the sky is the limit for him.

I probably said the same about Zack Gibson a few years back. I think he has it and I hope he gets a big break somewhere. He's still young but getting better every time I see him perform

Add me to the Charlie Garrett list. His tag partner, Iestyn Rees, also looks phenomenal and is a great wrestler, who's unfortunately just been plagued with injuries over the years. Over in WAW, there's an excellent high flyer called Alex Young who could be great in a place like Dragon Gate.

• Paid Members

I am very early in my return to the game, and have only seen 3 British shows so far. The ones that really impressed me have been Marty Scurll, Martin Stone, Nathan Cruz, Matt Myers, Dave Mastiff, Tyler Bate, and Eddie Dennis. Other than Mastiff & Stone, I don't know how "young" or "up & coming" those guys are, obv.

I'm another for Charlie Garrett. Seen him once at Infinite in December and he stood out a mile. Looked Randy Orton ish circa 2002 in looks and movement.

I've also seen CJ Banks a lot of times over the last 5 or so years again at Infinite and also at GPW. He also leaves an impression as a really really detestable heel and could go far.

Good call on Matt Myers. I've seen him 3 or 4 times and always thought he was really good. I also like Robbie X although I'm not sure he will make it. He was part of one of my favourite matches of last year with Tyler Bate.

Dan Maloney is quite a powerhouse to add to the list.

Archived