Oddest/Randomest/Coolest Wrestling Locations

Snitsky's back acne

So, have just seen an old article about a wrestling show that took place at 'Pascha' in Cologne, Germany in 2005. Appearing on the card were Dave Taylor, Robbie Brookside, Kendo KaShin and Toru Yano, amongst others.
Upon looking into a little more, 'Pascha' is apparently a huge brothel in Cologne - which must be a first, surely? A wrestling show held in a brothel.

Anyhoo, this got me thinking about other strange and unique places that wrestling show have been held, whether it has a certain aesthetic to it like The Suncastle in Skegness with its lanterns and 'medieval' look or Bristol's Trinity Centre which is a converted church, to actual venues like Harlech Castle in Wales (was the show held in the courtyard or the actual castle?) or, as Joe Legend once told me was the oddest place he had wrestled, a nudist camp in Canada.

Obviously video/picture accompaniments will aid the appeal of this thread but there must be other cool or strange venues/locations where wrestling shows have taken place and I figured this could be a place to post them.

I'm not a big fan of Japanese wrestling but I did read about a match that was the blow off to the end of a fued between I believe Antonio Inoki and another wrestler that took part on a deserted island or something, from what I remember from the pictures it was outdoor next to the sea.

• Paid Members

I can't remember what fed it is in Japan but they've had matches in a hotel, campsite and the woods. Bloody good laugh.

I love the thought of this happening without the venue owners’ permission as well. Couple of men in spandex turn up and start an impromptu wrestling match. The promos could be gold:

“You want a fight? Well name the place and time!”

“OK. How about that campsite next week?”

“Works for me. See you then!”

I can't remember what fed it is in Japan but they've had matches in a hotel, campsite and the woods. Bloody good laugh.

Irish Whip Wrestling used to do quite a few show in hotels around Ireland. I saw one on a Doug Basham doc once at Dooly's Hotel in Birr (I think) and, when he was stood in the ring, the top of his head touched the ceiling. I'm guessing that was awkward to perform in.

Where was the episode of Superstars when Undertaker tombstoned Triple H on the escalator. Penn St. Station?

It was Shotgun Saturday Night, in the lobby at Penn Station in New York.

Definitely a weird place to hold a wrestling show, especially for WWF.

http://www.wwe.com/videos/the-undertaker-vs-triple-h-shotgun-saturday-night-february-8-1997-intercontinent-26043066

Irish Whip Wrestling used to do quite a few show in hotels around Ireland. I saw one on a Doug Basham doc once at Dooly's Hotel in Birr (I think) and, when he was stood in the ring, the top of his head touched the ceiling. I'm guessing that was awkward to perform in.

Down the road from my house, they do wrestling shows at the local bowling club, and whenever the wrestlers do a top rope move, they have to push portions of the ceiling out of the way in order to complete it. I think for that reason, the most complex move we see is an elbow drop. Either that or they're not the best high fliers.

Archived