Sign in to follow this  
Ron&Hermione

The Relationship Thread

Fuck me, that heavy. Sorry you're going through all that. It sounds like you're not making excuses for yourself or putting the blame anywhere else which is great but please remember to not be too hard on yourself! It will take time..

I’ve been toying with posting in here for a while, I’m in exactly the same position @Brock Goldberg, except for me it’s been three months and she met someone else. I treated her badly and took her for granted and I see that now. I was married for 18 years previously (not to this girl, we’d been together over 3 years) so I have emotional scars myself but I didn’t realise how I was taking them out on her. She loved me more than anyone ever has and I abused that. I too am convinced she still loves me (she’s told me so but tbf not for a few weeks). I fucked up and feel I’ve made the biggest mistake of my life (and that’s saying something). 

Biggest difference is, I haven’t tried to be more disciplined (well not much anyway) if anything I’m drinking more, and eating and sleeping far less. 

It’s shit mate. That’s all I can say. I’m just trying to stay positive, we still talk on a regular basis and generally if I leave her be for a few days she seeks me out so there’s a sliver of hope, but I dunno if that’s a good thing or not. I’m a long way from home too, so don’t really have the support network I should have. I do have friends, but I met the girl just after I moved here four years ago so haven’t needed anyone else until now. 

Didn’t actually mean to make that so much about me, sorry. Keep doing what you’re doing, prove yourself to her. I have everything crossed for you, as I know exactly how you feel. All the best. 

Thank you my friend.

I've had the displeasure of cancelling our wedding venue today.

That's really opened the wound of loss.

I'm very close to her son and she wants us to be friends for his sake, I'm not sure how any of this will play out but I don't think she will take another chance on me, even if deep down she would like to.

I wish you all the very best @thicko

Aw man. Those reality checks just sucker punch you don’t they? Please don’t give up though mate. My ex was adamant at first that we were done, and then slowly seemed to be coming around. I fear it’s been too long now for a reconciliation, they’ve become too close. (Though I still think he’s just an excuse to break the cycle with me). It’s early days for you yet. Hang on in there!