The Relationship Thread

Ron&Hermione

Well without it I just seemed like a moody fucker! The point is I know I should be alright, I know it's not the end of the world and the sun always comes after the rain blah blah. I just feel really shit.

Throwing in braggy one liners is my thing anyway 

Don't "Man up", that's a shitty attitude.  You've had a life changing experience and it's going to be hard to deal with.  Remember there is a big difference between a lapse and a relapse, just make sure you keep having lapses, then you'll have relapsed.  How is King Maxwell (you do have a kid together, don't you?) and how is your relationship with him?

You're a good guy, Maxwell, I hope you can get through this.

My kid is the only thing stopping me going fully off the rails. He is nearly four and from a previous relationship but he loved her to bits. The only girl I've ever introduced him to and she's lived with me for the last 14 months.

When I told him she wasn't coming back anymore he said "don't worry Daddy, I'm still your best friend." If that's not enough to reduce any guy to tears I don't know what is.

Thinking about the difference between a lapse and a relapse has actually made me feel a lot more positive 

2 minutes ago, UK Kat Von D said:

My kid is the only thing stopping me going fully off the rails. He is nearly four and from a previous relationship but he loved her to bits. The only girl I've ever introduced him to and she's lived with me for the last 14 months.

When I told him she wasn't coming back anymore he said "don't worry Daddy, I'm still your best friend." If that's not enough to reduce any guy to tears I don't know what is.

Thinking about the difference between a lapse and a relapse has actually made me feel a lot more positive 

Ok god dude, that line has just made we well up. Kids are the fucking best aren't they. Every other human is shit and they always let you down but children are the greatest when you're feeling down. Shame they have to grow up 

• 3 weeks later...

Hello there, it's been a long time since I've really contributed, mainly due to my exciting news...

So, just over a year ago, I was single and feeling pretty bad emotionally, although I had just lost a bit of weight and I went on TInder, and I met someone. She lived about an hour away so I met her and she was amazing, funny, pretty and a little bit quirky. I spent most weekends up with her, and well in December she told me she was pregnant. 

She now lives with me, and we couldn't be happier. Our baby is due in July and I've been very preoccupied preparing as best I can. 

Yep this is me gloating :) I am a bellend, but I'm her bellend

Take care everyone

2 minutes ago, spotlightmagnet1 said:

Hello there, it's been a long time since I've really contributed, mainly due to my exciting news...

So, just over a year ago, I was single and feeling pretty bad emotionally, although I had just lost a bit of weight and I went on TInder, and I met someone. She lived about an hour away so I met her and she was amazing, funny, pretty and a little bit quirky. I spent most weekends up with her, and well in December she told me she was pregnant. 

She now lives with me, and we couldn't be happier. Our baby is due in July and I've been very preoccupied preparing as best I can. 

Yep this is me gloating :) I am a bellend, but I'm her bellend

Take care everyone

Is the baby definitely yours?