The Relationship Thread

Ron&Hermione

• Moderators

Yeah, the less time you spend planning the better, for sure! I just got back from my cousin's wedding and they planned that in about three weeks. It went really well and was really lovely. Granted it was a small affair at their house, but still. If you don't give yourself loads of time to fret over the little stuff you'll definitely be better off for it.

The is for the well wishes guys :)

Mine will unfortunately be a large affair - not through my choice but my dad is paying and he wants to invite everyone he's ever met apparently. I have a very large family though so that's almost 200 people. I'm hoping cos I'm not all that bothered or fussy about things it shouldn't be too stressful. I'm happy to go with whatever works, ice managed to sort out everything but clothing, DJ and photographer already. Once that's done, I'm taking a back seat!

It's proving slightly more difficult than anticipated. We tried to book the DJ we wanted who was available till he found it was us and then said he couldn't do it - it appears my cousin has been ringing round people he knows in the industry and told them not to work with us..... some people really need to get a life

Well, they originally were happy for us but since he's spoken to all my male cousins they all seem to have switched to being on his side - which in itself is quite weird - but he's incredibly charismatic so I guess they have all fallen for it. I feel like the only possible step is to get my dad to have a word with their dad's as I'm not sure what else we can do. I have been trying to keep my dad away from a lot of it as they are his nephews and he will be very hurt but they are forcing my hand to the point that I think I have no choice. I'm hoping things will calm down after time, but if they don't, dad's it is I guess....

• 1 month later...
  • Paid Members

OK I'm in need of knowing if I'm a massive selfish  bellend or am I being OK? Tomorrow morning I go on holiday for 5 nights without my gf of three years. Now I'm not going on a lads bender or anything I'm going away with my dad who is 73 and has done more for me than anyone (except maybe my mum).we've done it every year except last year I love the bonding time with him and don't want to stop. My misses thinks I am a selfish arsehole for leaving her for 5 nights. And has insisted on letting me know this. Am I that bad for doing this? 

Edited by theironshake
Made a mistake

• Paid Members

He's your Dad. He's 73. It's five days.

Let's say you back out to appease her and miss it again this year. What if you don't get the opportunity to go away with him again? 

5 days out of 730. In what way are you possibly being selfish?