The Relationship Thread

Ron&Hermione

• Paid Members

When I met my missus, we'd been hanging about together for a few weeks and ended up in the pub one lunchtime playing pool. She ended up leaning back against the table, I leant over her and she said "You look like you're going to kiss me". It was like the movies. I shit my pants and said "Don't flatter yourself". By rights, I should never have heard from her again but fortunately my mate piped up a bit later something like "Will you two just fucking get it on? He fancies you rotten." I still owe him one.

Anyway, well done @UK Kat Von D. I'm not entirely sure what you're allowed to say about a fit woman these days so I'll just say you've done alright!

• Paid Members
4 hours ago, Accident Prone said:

How the fuck are you not covered in mud, Kat? Special vegan abilities, it must be. Congrats to you both! 

It has to be being at one with nature. The environment is internally and externally cleaning him throughout. 

Congrats though Kat. That's great news. Even if on a Friday night I didn't think I'd ever be actively discussing your cock. 

Edited by Shy Dad

• 1 month later...
  • Paid Members

Need a bit of advice folks.

TLDR; We both work full time but I've always functioned better working part time. Would it be selfish of me to apply for part time jobs to make myself happier?

So currently both myself and my other half are working full time in jobs neither of us quite frankly can stand. Her's is a field she actually studied to be in and she's in the process of applying elsewhere, mine is a call centre that I had to take because my previous employer went into administration and a bunch of us got let go.
For the first several years of the relationship I supported us both as she was a student and I worked full time. I never held this over her despite her feeling guilty about it because I knew she was a student when we got together. On that Full Time/Student doing Part Time wage we managed perfectly fine aside from our bad spending habits. 
When she graduated and started working, she encouraged me to leave my job I hated and look elsewhere. I tried two different jobs that I enjoyed but for one reason or another ended up not working out, and ended up back in an office worse than the one I left.

Now we're in a position where she earns a lot more than I ever did when I was the breadwinner for lack of a better term, and I want to go to part time hours. Partly because my job is trash, but mostly because I've always been happier working part time as it gives me time to essentially be a house husband and tidy the place, run errands and I'm much less stressed by the monotony. At the minute with us both being out of the house 8am-6pm all week, fuck all housework gets done and things like shopping or errands are just eating into our personal lives.
Previously she's said if I wanted to go part time I could, but there's always been this sort of feeling on my side she would resent me if I did, because our money is good now, and she'd still be working full time and miserable in the job whereas I would be essentially happier at our own expense.

We have a wedding later this year but the honeymoon and majority of the wedding is paid for in full outside of spending money. Our plan is to start trying for kids right after so at some point one of us will be dropping hours to look after the kid anyway and previous conversations have pointed at that being me.

It may just be my own anxieties playing up, but would it at all be a dick move for me to outright state I want to go part time?

• Paid Members

Given that you say she's mentioned it to you herself, I'd say you're fine if you run it by her the way you've worded it there. You're getting married in a bit; there shouldn't be a reason that you can't have an honest talk, especially because you're asking her opinion rather than just dropping it on her. What's the worst that will happen? That she doesn't agree? In that case, you're still where you are now.

At the very least, if it transpires that you have to stay full time because she's the one intending to reduce her hours once the baby appears, it'd be handy for you to know that now.

• Paid Members

Also, you've said that outside the paid job, you'd be doing stuff around the house that needs doing. You're not asking to work only part-time to just skive off, you're offering to take care of the bulk of an essential element of life together. Doesn't sound like a dick move to me.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm not going to lie but I'm absolutely shitting it my fiance is about to go Into labour with our second little boy anytime now. She is in slow labour and having contractions so it's just a case of waiting now.

Im so excited but so nervous about it all 

On 8/8/2019 at 5:35 PM, Kfogg1991 said:

I'm not going to lie but I'm absolutely shitting it my fiance is about to go Into labour with our second little boy anytime now. She is in slow labour and having contractions so it's just a case of waiting now.

Im so excited but so nervous about it all 

Congratulations! Hope it all went smoothly. 

Moving on. 

I nearly made it, umpteen years without a partner and then suddenly a brief two week thing that ended because there was no spark and she got cold feet. It's what it was and we're still in contact, so that's something I guess.

It's taken years to shake off the stink of some very wrong and some very abusive relationships, however it's now slowly starting to pick up as I'm actively looking for a partner. Dates in, Preston Wolverhampton and Manchester have happened and an aborted one in Nottingham when I got ghosted after already buying tickets lool.

I'm now at a bit of a cross roads though. Dating apps, are bit of a fucking minefield, and I'm not down with swiping to meet people based on looks alone and would rather get to know them speak on the phone or whatever,  alas that's not the done thing these days.

It's also difficult for me to date in the lgbt scene as I work in it and have to declare it if my partner is trans incase of conflicts of interest.

I guess what I'm asking is therefore where or what's worked for others after sometime out of dating. Usual rules dont apply so I'm kinda looking for different options that I've maybe missed. 

• Paid Members

Why would you have to declare that your partner is trans? Why would your employer be interested in the sex of your partner and how could that be considered a conflict of interest? It sounds like a breach of a potential partners’ privacy more than anything. 

Is there a rival lgbt scene they might be working for?