NJPW World

Sphinx

Have they announced ticket prices anywhere? I'm going to be skint this summer, but can't imagine an opportunity where I get to see all 3 of those guys performing in the same building cropping up often. I'll probably wait until June/July before taking the plunge, as I don't see this selling out.

1 hour ago, Accident Prone said:

Okada, Naito and Tanahashi are confirmed for the New Japan London show! That's a helluva step up from what the USA lads got earlier this year. 

Probably because they can actually get visas :D

21 minutes ago, AdamTH17 said:

Have they announced ticket prices anywhere? I'm going to be skint this summer, but can't imagine an opportunity where I get to see all 3 of those guys performing in the same building cropping up often. I'll probably wait until June/July before taking the plunge, as I don't see this selling out.

Nothing yet - what do people think they'll charge? 

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Otto Dem Wanz said:

Nothing yet - what do people think they'll charge? 

Hopefully enough to piss off Elite fans that were complaining about prices being too low. Fucking liberty.

So Evil and Sanada won the World Tag League 2 years in a row, went on to Wrestle Kingdom and won the Tag Titles both times just to lose them on their second defence both times.

This is getting silly.

Edit: Tama Tonga has confirmed Bullet Club will be at the London show too.

Edited by TildeGuy~!

4 hours ago, TildeGuy~! said:

So Evil and Sanada won the World Tag League 2 years in a row, went on to Wrestle Kingdom and won the Tag Titles both times just to lose them on their second defence both times.

This is getting silly.

Edit: Tama Tonga has confirmed Bullet Club will be at the London show too.

If it leads to EVIL and SANADA getting prolonged singles runs, then I'm all for it. Before they announced that the New Japan Cup winner was to headline MSG, and before Switchblade won the belt, I could've seen either of them winning the cup and main-eventing against Tanahashi, especially in the case of SANADA to see how he draws in a singles capacity. 

Had a bit of a skim through the 2 Honor Rising shows. ZSJ/Umino was great, Gresham took to Japan like a duck to water and I hope he returns for BOSJ (getting a submission victory, even if it's against TAKA shows it's looking good for him), GoD vs LIJ was a really fun match but there isn't anything on the planet that sounds as dis-interesting as Briscoes/GoD at MSG.

1st Round matches for the New Japan Cup have been announced: winners of 1st round match ups are in bold

Manabu Nakanishi vs Yoshi Hashi

Tomoaki Honma Vs Taichi

Juice Robinson Vs Chase Owens

Yuji Nagata Vs Tomohiro Ishii

Mikey Nicholls (Nick Miller from TM61) Vs Hikuleo

Kazuchika Okada Vs Michael Elgin

Will Ospreay Vs Bad Luck Fale

Toa Henare Vs Lance Archer

Kota Ibushi Vs Tetsuya Naito

Evil Vs Zack Sabre Jr

Hiroshi Tanahashi Vs Shota Umino

Hiroyoshi Tenzan Vs Taguchi

Togi Makabe Vs Colt Cabana

Hirooki Goto Vs Sanada

Satoshi Kojima Vs Minoru Suzuki

Toru Yano Vs Davey Boy Smith Jr

Edited by TildeGuy~!

Live that line-up. Really interesting choices in terms of talent (except Nakanishi, for fucks sakes), some exciting clashes that I wouldn't have initially thought of (in the first round alone) and a lot of opportunities for guys to stand out in a big way. It's a lot more interesting than last year, even if the winner seems a lot more telegraphed. They must be really high on Umino. Working singles with both ZSJ and Tanahashi in a month or so shows how much they regard him. He's going to get quite the push when he gets back from excursion.

Okada to win the whole thing, setting up the Dome rematch at MSG against Switchblade. Don't see a scenario in which Gedo doesn't have Okada headlining his biggest USA show by far. Beating Tanahashi in the final, perhaps? I don't know, there's a few ways that could go. About 5 names alone on that side of the bracket that wouldn't surprise me. Ibushi pins Naito in the first round, leading to Naito costing Ibushi later in the tournament to set up the co-main for MSG. I'll say at the moment we see a final four of Okada, Tanahashi, SANADA and TAICHI.

• Paid Members
3 hours ago, AdamTH17 said:

Ibushi pins Naito in the first round, leading to Naito costing Ibushi later in the tournament to set up the co-main for MSG.

They really don't do finishes like that very often. Ibushi will just lose. Then maybe fight Naito at MSG. And lose because safe New Japan 50/50.