NJPW World

Sphinx

The Road To shows are practically house shows so you’ll be getting the same matches over and over.  They’ve left a few names off these cards because they were suppose to be on the American shows but due to the Visa issues they’re waiting for the Anniversary shows, their Honor Rising shows will be next so they’ll be some ROH/New Japan matches to look forward to.

Edit: Moment of the weekend.  I love Abe Miho

Edited by TildeGuy~!

• Paid Members

Yeah, I understand that the mass exodus of talent might make you want to push the fuck out of someone new, but it feels way too soon for Jay White and he sticks out as not on that level at all. If I'd bought tickets for that Madison Square Garden show last year I'd be very disappointing by the prospect of Jay White headlining it.

Out of interest though, I wasn't watching at the time, but some people have noted that Okada's first push was similar in that people didn't think he was ready for it. Is that true?

Just now, Supremo said:

Out of interest though, I wasn't watching at the time, but some people have noted that Okada's first push was similar in that people didn't think he was ready for it. Is that true?

Pretty much yea, won the title at The New Beginning show from Tanahashi after only making his debut coming back from excursion at the Wrestle Kingdom show.

Add me to the Switchblade camp. I think he’s been fantastic in the last six months or so especially. I’m all for the decision to give him the ball and see how he runs with it. He’s a genuine heel, a hard worker and it’s fresh. 

Also, Taiji Ishimori busting out the dance moves totally cracked me up, what a man.

• Paid Members

I like Swichblade, and I think he really came into his own and nailed down the character towards the end of the year, but he's upper-card at best and should've been used to elevate the fledgling US Title. We'll see how this goes but I'm hoping that he drops it to Ibushi by the summer.

Seems like a desperate reaction to losing their stars. White screams mid carder. People keep justifying it by comparing it to Okadas first win but that doesn’t work for me. White has no presence or believability at all. He’s a typical “guy playing pro wrestler”. 

7 hours ago, Yakashi said:

Seems like a desperate reaction to losing their stars. White screams mid carder. People keep justifying it by comparing it to Okadas first win but that doesn’t work for me. White has no presence or believability at all. He’s a typical “guy playing pro wrestler”. 

I think they had to come out and say we trust the guys we have. Not sure if it should have been this quick but it was needed. I say fair play to them. 

• Paid Members

If he ends up facing Okada in MSG (which is still a big "if", given they persuaded Ibushi to hang about and enter the New Japan Cup), I can see White dropping the belt there. I feel like New Japan are going to want something historic on that show and an IWGP Heavyweight title change in the most prestigious venue they could run over Mania weekend/arguably in the US, would be huge news.