NJPW World

Sphinx

5 minutes ago, d-d-d-dAz said:

Only downside for me was Beer City Bruiser being spread so heavily across the shows. Not really digging that act. Does he work Japan often, or just mostly ROH?

Looking forward to the Ospreay/Okada match.

One of those Tongan fellas looks like an exact cross between Reigns and Rollins. Which was distracting.

That was his first showing in New Japan, he’s an ROH guy.

That'll be Tama Tonga 

Edited by TildeGuy~!

10 hours ago, Supremo said:

Thanks for posting that. I'm super new to NJPW, so still learning the characters and past storylines, but what I can say with absolute certainty is that I don't think I've ever experienced vicarious joy in pro-wrestling like I experience watching the Golden Lovers team together. They look to be having the time of their lives. I love them.

Me too, I was really happy to learn about their past. It makes the whole storyline seem incredibly well thought out. No idea if that's the case but I love it regardless. I tried to find their stuff on youtube but without context it looses a lot. I hope they have a long storied career, they have done an amazing job of making their humble beginnings a prologue which is incredibly insightful and rare.

for wand, I echo Liger's 2016 match with KUSHIDA as being really good.

Flip Gordon's got a tremendously smackable face, awful army gimmick and he thinks the earth is flat. I hope he goes away soon. Him pinning Hiromu on night 1 was an absolute travesty.

Edited by sj5522

4 hours ago, sj5522 said:

Flip Gordon's got a tremendously smackable face, awful army gimmick and he thinks the earth is flat. I hope he goes away soon. Him pinning Hiromu on night 1 was an absolute travesty.

He got a good reaction too which pisses me off, bet he’s gonna be in the best of the super juniors this year. 

New Japan Cup matches have been announced

Toru Yano Vs Davey Boy Smith Jr

Chuckie T Vs Sanada

Yoshi Hashi Vs Kota Ibushi

Tetsuya Naito Vs Zack Sabre Jr

Bad Luck Fale Vs Lance Archer

Hiroshi Tanahashi Vs Taichi

Juice Robinson Vs Yujiro Takahashi

Michael Elgin Vs Tomohiri Ishii

On 25/02/2018 at 6:27 PM, sj5522 said:

He's a flat earth numptie? That explains Cody's "the earth is round" remark on Being the Elite.

13 hours ago, Cheapheat said:

Who have people got in the New japan cup? I'm praying for an Ishii win, would also be happy with Kota. 

I'm going to stick with my choice of Ishii. 

Naito's rematch isn't going to come until a bigger show (Dominion, or maybe WK13), plus I think they'll have Ibushi get his win back from the G1 last year. I can see Tanahashi losing to Taichi, they seem to be handing him a bit of a spotlight with the move to heavyweight and singles match against Naito, and if he doesn't lose to Taichi he's definitely going to lose to Fale in the next round. Tanahashi seems like a much more logical challenger for Dominion to try and stop Okada from breaking his record of title defences. Ishii winning makes the most sense at the moment, beating Ibushi in the finals.

1 hour ago, air_raid said:

Ishii won't win, they won't do a Chaos v Chaos title match.

Ibushi for me. Okada v Ibushi for SG sounds lovely.

Isn't Osprey/Okada a Chaos v Chaos title match? On commentary the keep talking about Okada having to look within Chaos for challengers too.Its how often this has been mentioned that makes me think it may be Ishii. I was expecting Tanhashi to have a longer hiatus. Hope he's recovered.