Sphinx

NJPW World (Streaming Service)

You know what they haven't even done yet? Since Okada initiated the "title shot at Kingdom" deal in 2012, no G1 winner has actually won the belt at the Dome. I think that needs to happen first.

The Tanahashi is hurt situation goes right back before the 2017 G1 doesn't it? The potential title change to Suzuki makes sense, Tanahashi has been announced for Rev Pro in New Orleans over the WrestleMania week, but Suzuki has been in Rev Pro in November and is again in a couple of weeks, so could replace Tana there too.

This Jericho deal has been an absolute home run. For years I always planned to start watching New Japan, but there was so much product to keep up with from the US that I never got round to it. Jericho’s involvement was enough for me to finally take the leap and subscribe to New Japan World. Wrestle Kingdom was my first New Japan event and it blew my fucking mind. Not only was the Jericho vs. Omega match awesome, but there were at least four other matches on the show that were match of the year candidates for me and a whole roster of guys who I’m now obsessed with. I’ve spent the days since Wrestle Kingdom going back through all the January 4th Dome shows and they’ve all been awesome. They’ve got a subscriber for life in me.

Jericho’s podcasts this past week, one with Don Callis and one with Kenny Omega himself, have been absolutely fascinating as well. The Omega one in particular is a genuine revelation, hearing two guys dissect the feud and match just days afterwards. This genuinely feels like something they need to start doing on the WWE Network. Enough of this pseudo-shoot stuff. Drop the shit entirely and do stuff like this, where guys go into detail about putting angles and matches together. We got a tiny hint of it when they showed Vince being disappointed with Kevin Owens vs. Jericho in that Owens documentary. That’s the future of this business, right there. Imagine if the week after Wrestlemania the Network featured guys sitting together and talking about the matches they just had. It’d be awesome. Fuck, I’d even love to know what Randy Orton, Bray Wyatt and Vince thought of their shit show.

Edited by Supremo

Kenny seemed to have a completely different voice in that Jericho podcast than usual... and half the time I couldn’t work out who was who!  But yeah, it was really good and such a cool thing to be able to listen to!

Finally got round to watching Wrestle Kingdom, and it was a good show overall. I tend to find the first half of WK is usually quite poor and you then get a really good second half, but this flowed quite well from beginning. Well, until Jay White turned up. What a fucking jabronis that guy is. It's Miles Teller cosplaying as Seth Rollins