NJPW World

Sphinx

7 hours ago, MVP RULZ said:

May seem a dumb question but is there an option for English Commentary? 

Been thinking off signing up for this show but not sure I could sit through 5+ hours not understanding a word that is being said.

I'm assuming it's like the WWE network where the show will just stay on demand and not expire or anything like that as might take me a few days to get throught it all.

I understand not wanting to sit through the Japanese commentary but watching shows with it on can be quite fun with the pure excitement and emotion they seem to bring. Some shows have had bad English commentary and others decent, it really depends on who is doing it but it is far better than a couple of years ago. I feel it could be better if they got a Japanese wrestler who can speak decent English to guest commentate the odd match.

The show will be up for God knows how long but you cannot select a match until it has been up for a week or two.

Nagata reported last night that they had sold 32,500 seats for the show which is about a 25% increase on last year so seems all is going well.

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, westlondonmist said:

I feel it could be better if they got a Japanese wrestler who can speak decent English to guest commentate the odd match.

Did you miss the Yoshi Tatsu commentary experiment? Absolutely horrendous. 

• Paid Members

Yeah, I haven't enjoyed a wrestling show like that, bell-to-bell, in quite sometime. I'm not a massive NJPW fan either, but it was impossible not to get into most of the matches. As always, the top Wrestle Kingdom production helps everything seem big time and important.

Jericho v Omega was very good. I was worried about it under performing, but Jericho did the job well.

The atmosphere for the main event was brilliant. 6.8*, innit

Edited by ColinBollocks

Poor Naito :(

Anyway cracking show. Hopefully though that's the last we see of Cody and I'm guessing that Gedo realised that Jay White was way out of his depth.

Don calling Gedo a shyster got a chuckle out of me.

Am I the only one here that thought Okada looked a little off? Hopefully he never wears that ring gear again. Hideous imo.

• Paid Members
2 hours ago, air_raid said:

Crushed. I have nothing to add at this point.

Sets up the rematch next January, no?

Don't they tend to do this kind of booking- the eventual win at third attempt or so? Tanahashi over Nakamura, then Okada over Tanahashi...

• Paid Members
7 minutes ago, PunkStep said:

Sets up the rematch next January, no?

Don't they tend to do this kind of booking- the eventual win at third attempt or so? Tanahashi over Nakamura, then Okada over Tanahashi...

I imagine it depends whether they plan to go back to Okada/Omega next January. They certainly have options, although I'm not sure who they can put with Okada in the short term. I suppose we'll find out at New Years Dash tomorrow. 

• Paid Members
6 minutes ago, LEGIT said:

Excuse me being thick, but how does one watch this show? Don't mind paying. What's the easiest way? Can u just watch this show without having to take out a long subscription? Cheers

It's 999 yen, so less than £7, and there's no commitment. Plus you get the back catalogue so you can watch last year's London shows and a lot more.

www.njpwworld.com (Click EN at the top of the screen to translate)

Edited by seph