NJPW World

Sphinx

I am very excited about this year's G1, the first one I've been able to keep up with real time. I appreciate this group alot as has helped me get the back story without having to put up with the usual internet negativity. I have a question, basically I'd like to get into this one as much as I can, but I'm hoping I don't have to sit through the no commentary, house shows that seem to make up the super juniors tourney. Is this a step up in terms of production  or a similar deal just with heavyweights? I've only watched the highlights before.

In 2015 there were a fair amount of muted hard-cam only shows, not sure if it was different last year as I wasn't keeping up, but I'd guess that English commentary is a bigger priority at this point 

• Paid Members

Yeah, generally the only ones with commentary are the opening night, anything at Korakuen Hall and the last three nights. By the look of it, every night that has Japanese commentary will also have English commentary this year.

• Paid Members

Sometimes a little longer on the big shows, but generally the first half runs about an hour. The second half with the tournament matches started at 1hr 30 today, but on the smaller shows you'll usually be safest tuning in about 1:15 after the show start time.

Really enjoyed this. Thanks for the heads up on the time front Lister! What's the deal with Ibushi not working for NJPW? Do outsiders traditionally do well? I thought the main event and Ishii matches were both pretty tremendous. Looking forward to Thursday. I think Cyrus broke his voice during that show.  Great start. Do we have enough people on here for doing a draw of some kind?

Ishii and Goto an excellent hard hitting contest. Sabre Jr and Tanahashi worked a tremendous match. Sabre in particular worked extremely well with some super selling from Tana in all aspects, not just the arm in this instance. 

Crazy Main Event featuring Naito and Kota Ibushi. The piledriver a topic of convo and this was only night 1 for them, madness on some of those moves. 

Last three matches must see, and quite enjoyed the Suzuki and Omega interactions in their multi man tag before intermission.

This Thursday of course is Omega vs Suzuki. Nice backstage post promo from Omega on Monday with Suzuki returning the US belt worth a quick look.